Finally getting the 4.10s and LSD installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally getting the gears and diff installed. Any advice on the break in period. The shop is about 25 miles from my home. 4 Wheel Parts Miami Gardens.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally getting the gears and diff installed. Any advice on the break in period. The shop is about 25 miles from my home. 4 Wheel Parts Miami Gardens.

Awesome man! I am about to do the same exact thing on almost the same truck as yours! I wish I had words of wisdom for you, but I don't... I am very interested in knowing how it goes for you, though.

What are you paying for the gears, lsd and install?? Are you going with oem?? I wish I was more helpful and less nosey! :)

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah David...Mopar 4.10s and LSD. Install after much research is going to be $450. Unfortunately the OEM parts are not cheap but I didn't want to have to deal with modifying the carrier and what not. Let you know how it goes. Everyone says truck feels 1000 lbs lighter with gears. Hope the jump from 3.55 to 4.10 I'd worth the money.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool bro, thanks! Cheers to 1000lb lighter trucks! :)

I think $450 for installation is a very fair price. I have had 4wheelparts do alot of work on my truck, and they do a very good job.

What price are you paying for the gears and lsd, and where are you getting them??? If you don't mind me asking.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
break in time about 500-750 miles. you cannot go and start racing and pushing your truck hard. you are going to have to take it easy for a bit. thats the info they gave me when i wanted to put gears in my 03.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great information. But as luck would have it...After an hour trip and having requested the day off of work, the shop could not guarantee that they could complete the job today since one of their guys called in sick! **** me right??? Had to reschedule for 2 weeks from now! Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper.

ob1sw4n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you're going to love it, I don't have much to compare it to, my R/T came with those stock.. but I can tell you it gets up and GOES, and I don't even have a good TC yet.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great information. But as luck would have it...After an hour trip and having requested the day off of work, the shop could not guarantee that they could complete the job today since one of their guys called in sick! **** me right??? Had to reschedule for 2 weeks from now! Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper.

That suuuuuucks! Maybe they could have called you before you made the drive...

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think you're going to love it, I don't have much to compare it to, my R/T came with those stock.. but I can tell you it gets up and GOES, and I don't even have a good TC yet.

That or the arh long tubes are my next investment. Always concerned with the drive ability of a high stall for daily driving.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That suuuuuucks! Maybe they could have called you before you made the drive...

I was already there before the dude called in sick. **** happens, I get it. But hey, its just one more thing to add to the "see honey, this is why I should have bought the RT...I'm getting what I paid for" list. When ever she asks why I keep buying crap for the truck...that's the response she gets! LOL. Eventually she will start to wonder if the RT actually ever came with all the crap I've been buying...haha...

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That or the arh long tubes are my next investment. Always concerned with the drive ability of a high stall for daily driving.

as long as towing isn't part of your daily driving, a 2800-3000 stall is a non-issue.
It only kicks in when you punch to go pedal a little past half way. Then HANG ON!

Normal driving with part throttle is no different than stock.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
as long as towing is part of your daily driving, a 2800-3000 stall is a non-issue.
It only kicks in when you punch to go pedal a little past half way. Then HANG ON!

Normal driving with part throttle is no different than stock.

I never tow...I just has so many issues with sluggish throttle response that I'm afraid of getting back to that feel. I have worked for many months with Whitelightning to finally get the trans to respond well. The gears can only help. The tc does concern me

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was already there before the dude called in sick. **** happens, I get it. But hey, its just one more thing to add to the "see honey, this is why I should have bought the RT...I'm getting what I paid for" list. When ever she asks why I keep buying crap for the truck...that's the response she gets! LOL. Eventually she will start to wonder if the RT actually ever came with all the crap I've been buying...haha...

Lmao! That is a great line that you are using, I should try that one!

I'm still using the old trick of "having it shipped to my work, and then installing it while she is at work!" Lol!

(I hang my head in shame)

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lmao! That is a great line that you are using, I should try that one!

I'm still using the old trick of "having it shipped to my work, and then installing it while she is at work!" Lol!

(I hang my head in shame)

I have my race car in the garage...The days of shameful head hanging are long gone for me.

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry , typo meant to say as long as towing isn't part of your daily driving.

You are good to Go!

Sluggish throttle response is the Last problem you'll have with a higher stall LOL!

I would bet your biggest problem will be getting traction when it kicks in

I've had A 3k Stall ( Street Edge 2800) since 2011
If I could only have one mod, other than my Supercharger, a TC tops my list.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry , typo meant to say as long as towing isn't part of your daily driving.

You are good to Go!

Sluggish throttle response is the Last problem you'll have with a higher stall LOL!

I would bet your biggest problem will be getting traction when it kicks in

I've had A 3k Stall ( Street Edge 2800) since 2011
If I could only have one mod, other than my Supercharger, a TC tops my list.

Good to hear...that was my main problem until we fixed the downshift issue in the tuning. It would hold the gear then release violently. We got that fixed apparently 4th woyld hold then drop to 2nd after pressing the pedal 50% down. That honestly is what I'm concerned with. I don't want the stuck feel then violent launch at the 2800-3000 range. Please keep in mind this is all new to me. In my 20+ years driving this is my first automatic. So excuse my ignorance on the subject.

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my race car in the garage...The days of shameful head hanging are long gone for me.

Ok... you can't say the words "my race car in the garage" without sharing some details and maybe even a picture! :)

That is a rule in the man-code!

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok... you can't say the words "my race car in the garage" without sharing some details and maybe even a picture! :)

That is a rule in the man-code!

OK OK if you insist...it's a 91 Mustang LX coupe with a Boss 347 and a serious case of the giggles. uploadfromtaptalk1396297832842.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396297858982.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396297893870.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93