Finally getting the 4.10s and LSD installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David, how many rpms are you turning at like 70 mph? 75 mph? 80 mph? I have the 3.55s and wanted 3.92s. Too expensive right now (4x4.....) so I just got a TC from Moes. Just want to compare. I found the calculators online but I don't know how accurate they really are vs our trucks.

I wish I could help with that bro... Where I live it's so congested, I rarely get up to that speed to check. There was a thread on here yesterday, where guys were comparing their rpms at different speeds.

If I come across it I'll let you know.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Tyler hooked me up with a correct math problem lol. Using it proved that the online calculators were pretty accurate. Thanks.

UneasyJmitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^I have a 12 4x4 hemi with factory wheels and tires. I am right about 18 or 1900 at 70mph. I dunno what gears I have, but according to the other thread, my speeds were comparable to guys with the 392s doing 2k rpm at 75. Thats about on par with mine.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Thanks. Sounds about right. I have 3.55s and at 2k rpms I am running about 80 ish. 2125/2150 rpms is 85 mph. Speedo is dead on with GPS. This is on the toll road in Austin where the speed limit is 80 and 85, so..........

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@ Bluebully - Are you experiencing any kind of clunking in your rear end??

Like when you shift into Drive on a cold engine, or when you shift back and forth between drive and reverse??

Does your truck feek any different in the rear end from the 3.55s?? It seems like I have a little more play than I did with the old gears.

It's almost seems like something is a little loose...

How are you liking the new gears??

It does feel a little different overall. Still have not broken them in so can't play just yet. I hear a little tick in the tranny when put in gear or when I start to move or slow down. May be the posi can't say for sure....otherwise it all feels normal as far as I can tell thus far.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update on the gear swaps? Been a few months and should be a few thousand miles later. Opinions on the gear swaps? Any other issues?

2,ooo miles for me. No problems, everything seems to be working fine. I am happy I did the gear swap and lsd. :)

I will be putting a MagHytec diff cover on next week, so I'll get another chance to look inside the diff and change the oil.

Stupid me, I have 7,000 miles on my truck and I am going on my 4th diff oil... #1 factory, #2 Royal Purple on gear swap, #3 Redline after break in, #4 Redline again for the new diff cover. :emotions122:

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Almost 20,000 miles on mine and everything is just fine.