Finally into the 12s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So youre saying i make more power than you? Considering im heavier and trapped 104 in worse da than you....
It's certainly possible. Though the difference between 104 and 105 is a BIG swing in power at those weights.

From a "no **** sherlock" standpoint, if you have a heavier truck that's also faster, then clearly you're making more power. There's no other way to do it lol

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You also have to account for things like the flatness of the track and wind. RPR is slightly uphill and we had a headwind Friday night.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Agreed, calculators are only so accurate. They're usually pretty damn accurate from what I've seen though. And unlike dyno numbers, you can't fudge trap speeds.

I've still got the headlight intake to rig up as well, but idk how much that'll help.

I also may finally put my dynomat in, though it's not that heavy, maybe 50lbs.

You cant fake a trap speed, but a lot more goes into your trap speed than just how much hp you are making. Deep/shallow staging, tire spin, shift points, aerodynamics, head/tail/cross wind, etc... The engineer in you cant help but to use a calculator for everything...haha.

Do you remember what rpm you are shifting at? And are you manual shifting through the entire run, or starting in 3rd and then just upshifting from there?

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You cant fake a trap speed, but a lot more goes into your trap speed than just how much hp you are making. Deep/shallow staging, tire spin, shift points, aerodynamics, head/tail/cross wind, etc... The engineer in you cant help but to use a calculator for everything...haha.

Do you remember what rpm you are shifting at? And are you manual shifting through the entire run, or starting in 3rd and then just upshifting from there?

Exactly. But it's a good ballpark and if you're consistint with the other factors then it's scary accurate.

Staging won't make much of a difference on the mph. Neither will spinning off the line. I went from a 2.3 60' in the vette to a 2.0 60' and my mph was basically the same.

The aero is the biggest unaccounted for factor here.

I was hitting the shift button around 5800rpm, and it was shifting just before 6000rpm.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Exactly. But it's a good ballpark and if you're consistint with the other factors then it's scary accurate.

Staging won't make much of a difference on the mph. Neither will spinning off the line. I went from a 2.3 60' in the vette to a 2.0 60' and my mph was basically the same.

The aero is the biggest unaccounted for factor here.

I was hitting the shift button around 5800rpm, and it was shifting just before 6000rpm.

Different vehicles react differently. In my 3v mustang the trap went up the lower my 60' got. Something else you need to think about is youre on radials and were on slicks. Radials are always faster if they hook.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Different vehicles react differently. In my 3v mustang the trap went up the lower my 60' got. Something else you need to think about is youre on radials and were on slicks. Radials are always faster if they hook.
Tires are part of parisitic drag when talking about wheel horsepower. They have added rolling friction.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Tires are part of parisitic drag when talking about wheel horsepower. They have added rolling friction.

It effects power put to the ground. Slick side walls are so soft the rob you going down the track. You will definitely trap higher on radials due to the stiff sidewall even though they weigh more.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I trapped 1mph higher with my radials compared to the Hoosiers.

Regardless of hp numbers, the truck ran strong. Wade, be sure to log your runs next time because we need to figure out why you only picked up 19mph on the big end of the track. I'm starting to wonder if you being back up to stock height could have hurt you on the big end. Just about every other 12 second truck is lowered, so the extra ride height could have hurt your aerodynamics more than we think.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It effects power put to the ground. Slick side walls are so soft the rob you going down the track. You will definitely trap higher on radials due to the stiff sidewall even though they weigh more.
That's literally what I just said...

I trapped 1mph higher with my radials compared to the Hoosiers.

Regardless of hp numbers, the truck ran strong. Wade, be sure to log your runs next time because we need to figure out why you only picked up 19mph on the big end of the track. I'm starting to wonder if you being back up to stock height could have hurt you on the big end. Just about every other 12 second truck is lowered, so the extra ride height could have hurt your aerodynamics more than we think.

I'm sure it did. My MPGs have suffered a noticeable amount as well, so I know it makes a big difference there.