Finally figured to disable the slam with the door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Grandpa always hung a tennis ball from the ceiling to touch the car when it was in the right spot.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow! Lots of prattle about going backwards! :)
Using mirrors is most effective most of the time, when they are remote power mirrors. But with the manual (gas-operated) mirrors ;), opening the door slightly to look back has been necessary occasionally. Peace!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. I don't even have to put my foot on the brake pedal on my 2001 to shift out of Park into Reverse while my door is open and I'm revving the gas to get out of my garage as fast as humanly possible. I'm pretty sure that's not normal, but I'm okay with that. :burnout:
2001 Truck,, no Nanny devices installed!!!!!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! Lots of prattle about going backwards! :)
Using mirrors is most effective most of the time, when they are remote power mirrors. But with the manual (gas-operated) mirrors ;), opening the door slightly to look back has been necessary occasionally. Peace!
Back up camera great, but not help with a trailer hooked up... I do not have a 2500/3500 with the optional hookups for a "trailer" camera, nor a bought bluetooth camera on trailer rear. WAT I have done: My trailer can only go in a specific angle, place, off by more than a few feet smack rafters. SO I painted a SOLID Line on the garage floor to guide my dual trailer wheels, which aligns up trailer in proper spot in garage. NOW I also have a perpendicular line to the floor guide line, and I know to stop when I see the hitch at that line in the camera view shortened. Once, dummy me, I had trailer hitched and backing up, but I did not lock the pintle down, just had trailer tong on ball. Well there is a slight dip-incline at garage door. Trailer came off and ran backward and rammed (2) rafters and knocked off my upper marker lights. BOIRD now smarter when backing up, hee hee. That was one of them AHA moments, when U R happy U got off as lucky as you did.

CAVEAT: Lots of PPL not know, bigger trailers easier to back up than small ones. If not believe, go find an old M151 Jeep, with a 1/4 ton trailer with the "round" tongues and try backing dat sucker up. In my Army days, more than once, lining up vehicles/trailers in motor park, we got tired and we just went and lifted the back of that lil trailer up to align, lol.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally figured out to disable the slam with the door open in my 2023 Ram 1500.This is the only complaint with it I have.This was putting it in reverse and I thought I caused an accident.Talked a co worker that has a 2021 Ram 1500 and he said put my seat belt on.I did not believe him at first and he was right.Shown me this video how to do it,
At times, I backup and drive with door open, using a seatbelt "device" to trick seatbelt system. But that is out in a field, moving with a trailer to get hay. That is the Govt nanny state trying to protect you from your ride hurting you. RAM did that when PPL got killed being run over by their "RAM" product.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hang a tennis ball from the ceiling where it will touch your windshield when you are far enough in to close the door.
I used this method to keep my ex's car from occupying the family room. The only problem was when there was no car in the garage and the garage door was up, people would ask why I had a tennis ball on a string dangling from the rafters.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 108441 miles.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At times, I backup and drive with door open, using a seatbelt "device" to trick seatbelt system. But that is out in a field, moving with a trailer to get hay. That is the Govt nanny state trying to protect you from your ride hurting you. RAM did that when PPL got killed being run over by their "RAM" product.
Chances are, if you get runned over by your own truck, the gene pool is probably better of without you

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chances are, if you get runned over by your own truck, the gene pool is probably better of without you
The last famous one I remember was the new movie Star Trek actor that got pinned against his gate by a jeep and died.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Many many moons ago: we had a “62” Chevy C10. Used to put it in granny, jump out , leave the door open and walk along side of it loading small round bales of hay. Jump back in to turn around at the end of the field, jump back out and keep walking along loading hay till I couldn’t throw it any higher up into the truck. Would have to reach in occasionally to make steering corrections but never stopped. That truck was a beast. I6, AM radio, 4 speed and a heater.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personally, i think if you are an actor, you do not contribute anything to society and we just might be better of without you aswell
Lol. Point taken. Appears a few opinionated actors push an agenda ether political or whatever that rubbed you the wrong way. Me as well but can’t alienate all of them. They serve a purpose no different than an athlete. Mature societies require entertainment in whatever fashion to sustain longevity through mental well being. It’s human nature. Whether I agree with their option I wish no harm on any person… Bono can rot away though. Ha. JK.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol. Point taken. Appears a few opinionated actors push an agenda ether political or whatever that rubbed you the wrong way. Me as well but can’t alienate all of them. They serve a purpose no different than an athlete. Mature societies require entertainment in whatever fashion to sustain longevity through mental well being. It’s human nature. Whether I agree with their option I wish no harm on any person… Bono can rot away though. Ha. JK.
Read the rise and fall of the roman empire and see how mature our society is, and what role entertainment plays in it

But ill admit this is not the time nor the place

Great point on ***** though, i cant stand that joker (in part because his music sucks)

In my mind, sunday ****** sunday is a Wolfe Tones tune, and non other

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Read the rise and fall of the roman empire and see how mature our society is, and what role entertainment plays in it

But ill admit this is not the time nor the place

Great point on ***** though, i cant stand that joker (in part because his music sucks)

In my mind, sunday ****** sunday is a Wolfe Tones tune, and non other
And to this day we are the longest living democracy following similar footsteps. Will not last forever. Our kids are in for a treat.

Till then i want the ability to open my door in reverse. Ha!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used this method to keep my ex's car from occupying the family room. The only problem was when there was no car in the garage and the garage door was up, people would ask why I had a tennis ball on a string dangling from the rafters.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 108441 miles.
If there was a tennis ball on a string in aircraft, pilots might be able to tell up from down in foggy weather (Think RFK Jr.) Just sayin'!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personally, i think if you are an actor, you do not contribute anything to society and we just might be better of without you aswell
NOW that comment is more than a lil morbid, but each to their own.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is about how much space my wifes Jeep has in our garage.
IF U only have that much room to fit a Jeep, U need to get U a Bigger Garage. Maybe one of those steel modular ones that the steel places build, LOL.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IF U only have that much room to fit a Jeep, U need to get U a Bigger Garage. Maybe one of those steel modular ones that the steel places build, LOL.
Trust me I have debated it since I live on a corner. Who needs a backyard lol.