First oil change on 2023 1500 5.7 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scomer412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had my truck worked on. Got it back with long tube headers TSP. Stage 1 TSP cam and 6.4 intake. 2011 Ram 1500 5.7.

Shops says it’s fine, it does idle ok but sounds like it’s missing. All injectors are good and coils are all good.
Has zero, and I mean zero power down low.
Had FRP tune the truck. Tapped performace tune the truck and they all say since it runs it’s just really low on power. Idk understand, it has WAY LESS then stock power. Probably would run a 17 in the quarter if I had to guess. Was running great before all this work done. Anything else someone thinks could cause since a massive power loss and a missing sound?
Maybe some of the 6.4 injectors are clogged, but the reading are good on electrical ohms.

Idk $11K and so depressed

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Had my truck worked on. Got it back with long tube headers TSP. Stage 1 TSP cam and 6.4 intake. 2011 Ram 1500 5.7.

Shops says it’s fine, it does idle ok but sounds like it’s missing. All injectors are good and coils are all good.
Had FRP tune the truck. Tapped performace tune the truck and they all say since it runs it’s just really low on power. Idk understand, it has WAY LESS then stock power. Probably would run a 17 in the quarter if I had to guess. Was running great before all this work done. Anything else someone thinks could cause since a massive power loss and a missing sound?
Maybe some of the 6.4 injectors are clogged, but the reading are good on electrical ohms.

How big is the actual cam you stuck in it.If you put a huge cam in it,you're also going to need a convertor with a lot of stall,and alot of rear gear,especially with your 5 speed RFE.Nothing a whole bunch of money won't fix,lol.
If you stuck a to big cam in it,without the supporting mods to go with it (convertor / gears / and more compression),no tuner in the world is going to get you your torque back
Little tidbit for you,the school of hard knocks can be a very expensive teacher :Big Laugh:
I remember you now,you were the guy bad mouthing Tapp awhile ago weren't you.
If the cam timing was off,it'd throw codes,if the injectors are out of sync it'd throw codes.
You've had 2 fairly decent tuners look at your tune,and both sound like they're saying the tune is okay,so you might have to start digging into the engine.I'd start with pulling the valve covers and make sure everything looks okay as you bump the engine over.Buy yourself a remote starter switch and you can bump it over under the hood with-out it attempting to start.Google how to use a remote starter switch on a late model Ram,i'm sure you'll find a few video's showing you how to use it

Post a pic of your cam card,as i'm having a hard time believing you put TSP's small cam in it,while you're at it post "legible" pictures of your "complete bill" from the shop.Alot of TSP's cams require the cam phazor to be locked out,and that kills torque

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you need a TQ

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4

Try a oil change?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Crash or Mikeru,this guy already has a thread on his issues that he started way back in March.