First Ram!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up my first Ram 2017 Big Horn 1500, and I'm already itching to start on some mods come spring. This is the first truck I have decided to invest time and money into, so I'm just looking for ideas and suggestions, and mostly some know-how. I know I want to level the front (~37F/~40R)..struts or spacers? I don't intend on doing any off-roading at all, just strictly for looks. The chrome might grow on me, but what about color matching? Again, first timer here though I am mechanically inclined, just never devoted time to modifying any vehicles, so any suggestions on exterior/interior/engine etc. is more than welcome. Thanks in advance!
RamBefore1.jpg
DodgeRambefore.jpg

Last edited:

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used moto fab spacers 3 up front 2 in the rear and no issues. Most will say bilstien's. If you paint match make sure its prepped correct. Paint over chrome tends to chip super easy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up my first Ram 2017 Big Horn 1500, and I'm already itching to start on some mods come spring. This is the first truck I have decided to invest time and money into, so I'm just looking for ideas and suggestions, and mostly some know-how. I know I want to level the front (~37F/~40R)..struts or spacers? I don't intend on doing any off-roading at all, just strictly for looks. The chrome might grow on me, but what about color matching? Again, first timer here though I am mechanically inclined, just never devoted time to modifying any vehicles, so any suggestions on exterior/interior/engine etc. is more than welcome. Thanks in advance!
19 1500 classic I don't offroad, bilstein fron at 2.8 setting, rough country upper control arms, 1 1/2 rear spring spacers on bilstteins, mods 7" cluster, aftermarket remote start, steering wheel audio controls, enable drl with low beams, led low/hi beams and fogs, fogs don't drop out with high beams, power folding mirrors upgrade with sideview cams, strip light under tailgate, ram head led tailgate, 6da2926840699a438e5176bb6eee3857.jpg

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Spacers bind up your ride, I hated mine especially when I went over bumps. I swapped them for bilsteins, the only way to go imo. Might want control arms (zone) whatever you choose. Bills really make the ride great, you get an upgraded ride quality added to the "look" you are after.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've got over 30k miles on my spacers not a single issue and it's a 3 inch. Is it stiffer than a bil yes but to say you'll redo it is ridiculous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got over 30k miles on my spacers not a single issue and it's a 3 inch. Is it stiffer than a bil yes but to say you'll redo it is ridiculous

Ridiculous maybe or maybe not, but if you keep an eye on these forums to see what other people are up to I've seen a fair number of people do spacers first, then later swap them out for lift struts. Don't think I've ever seen it go the other way.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats and welcome!

W At a minimum dont do spacers go with Bilstein 5100's or Eibachs.

I would also recommend a catback or muffler kit to let that Hemi sound the way it should!

Then bed cover, side steps, floor mats, etc.....

Let us know if we can help with anything. We offer just about everything and offer discounts for the members here!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Magnaflow Cat-Back also gets you the 5” tips it should have come with, no drone, quiet on the highway, and awesome when you stomp on it in a parking deck !!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Laramie
Here's my list of must do;
2.8" Bilstein struts (optional to replace upper control arms)
Bed cover (million options out there)
Husky or Weathertech floor mats
Change rear brake light and the accessory lights to LED
Change factory tires