first time buyer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Stay out of the dealership until you know what a fair price is for your vehicle.

I think for most people who don't enjoy the process of haggling for a car (it is combat) something like the True-Car or Costco service is a wise way to go.

Just understand that buying a car is a process where they **** you from every direction. They may be smiling and nice at the dealer but that is just because they are about to eat you. The little old lady who comes into a dealer truly pays $10K more for the same product as someone wise to their ways. It is not a pretty system.

Last edited:

Greeco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really might be underestimating the number of dealers willing to match really low advertised prices. Even one large volume dealer just blew me off completely when I asked if they would MATCH (not beat) the offer I eventually took (which was advertised on website for easy verification). Maybe I just have some crummy dealers in my area but that was my experience.

I called Dennis Dillon and got a quote in writing on a factory ordered 2016 Sport CC. It came in at almost 22% off MSRP. I sent that quote to 5 different dealerships in my area (Denver) and none of them were willing to get anywhere near Dillon's price. I think the best offer I got locally was 16% off MSRP. I wasn't asking the dealerships to match Dillon's price but I was asking for 20% off. None of the dealerships were willing to budge.