First Time Ram Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Hey guys, after years of waiting and waiting I finally bought a 1500. My first car was a '97 Dakota V6 4x4 Reg Cab with a 5 speed and I bought it 10 years ago, learned how to drive, learned how to drive stick, and I still have it, I'm just about to hit 253,000 miles and it's still going. In October I just bought a house and now it's finally time to buy a new truck, my Mom works at at a local Dodge dealership and I really thought I was gonna buy a new Warlock but I kinda wanted the full back seat and even more so needed a bed bigger than 5'7" considering my bed in my Dakota is just over 6 and a half feet. So in 2021 to get a brand new Crew Cab 6'4" bed I either had to order a low model Classic Tradesman or a New Gen Big Horn, Laramie, etc for 60K+, so I started looking used at 2016-2018 Sports. So after searching through hundreds of listings from the country, looking at VINs, (1C6RR7UT is the code for a V8 4x4 Sport CC 6'4" bed), I found a meticulously maintained low mileage, rust free southern truck in Arkansas and I'm flying down one way next week to pick it up. It's a 2017 Ram 1500 Sport in Flame Red with the V8, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, 9 Speaker Alpine, heated/cooled seats, sport hood and only 34,000 miles. It was actually owned by someone at the dealership I bought it from and it was garage kept it's entire life and hardly ever even saw rain. It's kind of a shame I'm bringing it back up here to NY. I got big plans for it, I already have a deposit down for a 4" lift kit with Bilsteins, I'm getting it undercoated, I already have a set of stock Rebel wheels and I'm considering either doing true 35"s or 315/70/17s or doing something with the polished 20s that are on it, gonna get power side steps, Peragon bed cover, and I am gonna possibly do a front end swap with a Rebel/Warlock and have it body painted. If I do that I'm definitely ordering the Vice hidden winch mount for the front bumper with a Warn winch. I actually made another post about doing exhaust cut outs using a different switch panel with the diesel exhaust brake button because I want an aftermarket exhaust with a button to turn it up. With my Mom at the dealership I'm ordering some extra keys, some small accessories and I'm gonna do the Mopar Cold Air Intake with the functional hood scoop kit. The only thing this truck doesn't have is a sunroof so I may toy with the idea (if I can find someone willing to do it) of changing the roof skin with a truck from a junkyard that had the sunroof and then changing the headliner over. If I wait a few years for some 2021 Warlocks to be wrecked, they actually come with a full black interior so I would swap over all the upper trim panels, visors, and headliner to have all black instead of tan but that's a ways out. Other than that, might look into a tune and maybe some other small upgrades. The truck, while the listing is still up, can be seen here.
1C6RR7UT8HS727503 | 2017 Ram 1500 Sport for sale in Searcy, AR

I look forward to being part of the forum.

Jesse
344x258.jpg 344x258 (1).jpg

OP
OP
theJester517

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Nice truck! Congrats!
Thank you so much, I appreciate it

I forgot to mention I plan on doing the radio upgrade and adding Android Auto and as stupid as it sounds I want to find a complete center console and add the factory single disc CD player

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum, nice looking truck! My last Ram was flame red with silver, really shines in the sun.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Congrats, nice truck!

OP
OP
theJester517

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Welcome to the forum, nice looking truck! My last Ram was flame red with silver, really shines in the sun.
I was literally looking nationwide and Flame Red was my first choice, any time I've seen it in person I loved it, I was considering the Blue Streak and Bright Silver as well but I feel like they didn't pop as much

OP
OP
theJester517

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Well actually Stinger Yellow would have been my first choice but that was available only in 2016 on the Sport and I couldn't find anything but Crew Cab 5'7" beds which kinda defeated the purpose of me looking for the used truck. After looking at hundreds of used car listings it seemed like Stinger Yellow, Ignition Orange, and Sublime Green were only available on the short bed crew cabs

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome hope your modification account is well funded lol .

Poppop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viper 8.4
Got any mods planned for the new truck