First Timer RAM Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have always been a MOPAR guy deep down inside since my first, a '70 Roadrunner. God, I wish I had kept that car!

My wife and I purchased a second home in Arizona with intentions of being Snowbirds from Seattle.
She's always buying things for the new house there in Maricopa so I thought "let's get a truck."

After driving many rental trucks when we were in Arizona I truly liked the HEMI RAM the best. There wasn't one thing that I did not like.

Many times we went back to buy items for the house and I looked for a nicely used RAM. When I made contact with the owners by the time we got there they were sold!

Every used RAM was sold at Blue Book and many went above. I found a local fellow that purchases only a few 6-8 vehicles and sells them.
After all the comments here and my research I found a 2014 1500 HEMI Laramire Crew Cab. It has minor cosmetic flaws and the "most important items"... no HEMI tick or exhaust manifold problems. All fluids were checked by a local shop I chose and they were GTG. The Air Ride still works great too!

Only items of concern were the Laramie passenger side 7" side mirror was cracked. And a clip missing from one of the center vents. The truck had a brand new windshield.
I brought a blanket and flashlight and spent 30 mins underneath and my wife and I tested all the consumers. The vehicle was kept cold over night for my start up. Road tested 20 mins on the highway and city and everything was fine at that time.

On the 45 min ride home we found out the lower control arms squeaked. I had a local shop get new OEM ones and we were GTG.

My wife and I were out last week the night before our 1,500 mile drive back to Seattle and the battery died in the ROSS parking lot on our way to dinner.
The great people there gave me a jump and off I went to Auto Zone across the street and had a new battery installed.

We drove from Maricopa, AZ to Seattle, WA in three days and the RAM never hick-uped once!!! Oh, and there is NO RUST on the body!

The overall RAM experience was above an beyond from what I was expecting! It drove better than most I cars I have owned. I sat in the drivers seat for 7+ hrs a day (Except, poddy, food and sleep.)

I'm not sure how the newer RAM's compare, I'm just happy to say that I AM SOLD!!!!

I truly enjoy my first RAM!

Erik

Attachments

• IMG_9574.jpg
    IMG_9574.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9568.jpg
    IMG_9568.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9569.jpg
    IMG_9569.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
@Old Mopar Guy Congrats on finding a good truck, sounds like you're enjoying it!

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How do the newer RAM's compare to my 2014???

Do they ride as nice?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
A few cosmetic changes both interior and exterior, LED headlights with certain trim levels, 6 lugs instead of 5. A few electronic changes too, like adaptive cruise control among others. There are more things that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Good question, I have a 2017. I'm going to move this thread into a more appropriate section (4th Gen which is what your truck is). You could go and start a thread in the 5th Gen section and ask those guys how they like their 5th Gens compared to older ones that they owned.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like a nice truck. Glad you're loving it!

Cheers!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How do they ride compared to mine?
Supposedly the 5th Gens ride slightly better then the 4th Gens do. At least from anybody i've talked to who switched from a 4th Gen to a 5th Gen