Flares and lowered look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They don't look to bad. LHemi had ran them on his RT. I like them so long as your running wide wheels and tires.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They don't look to bad. LHemi had ran them on his RT. I like them so long as your running wide wheels and tires.

I kinda like the look too

I do plan on wide wheels with a dish/ lip to them which makes me think it will help the look. I don't have it all figured out yet but planning a 315 up front like the SRT-10's but 20" wheel and the biggest tire I can squeeze in the rear to the frame and susp. If I have to mini tube it I will. That's the idea for the long run.. but still waiting on a check from some of the fires this season to pay for the shop then the fun will begin..

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LHemi had ran them on his RT.

Looks like he hasn't been on the forum in awhile.. I'm curious to know his wheel tire set up... and If I put them on they would definitely be color
matched

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I have a set of factory flares that will be going onto mine; with the front spindles pushing out the front a bit I'm still spitting crap onto the front fenders and I can't run mud flaps since I'm too low. I'm running 285 series tires but I'll have a 1.5" BORA spacer for the front and 1.75" spacers on the rear to make them flush with the fenders. It should actually improve handling with the wider stance.

I'm very tempted to swap out the performance tires and go to an 18" wheel with an aggressive A/T tire, I have always wanted a bulldog look for the truck; squat, wide, and beefy looking. I'll keep the drag radials though and won't run the spacers when I'm looking to go to the strip.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I like clean and simple, so flares are a no-go in my opinion. They are better than running a wheel/tire combo that sticks out of the fender, but on my own truck, I would much rather try to make the wheel/tire combo fit in the fender without needing flares.