Stainless Fender Flares? Anyone have them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking about adding some stainless fender flares to my 2013 Bighorn to help hide some rust that is forming above the rear wheel wells. I would attempt to fix it first with rust restorer and color match paint, but my truck is Western Brown Pearl and will be tough as hell to match! So I thought some nice stainless steel fender flares would help hide the scars! Question is, will the flares bring about more rust by holding moisture between the flare and the fender lip or is there something I can do to prevent this from happening again? I can't afford to do it right and replace the bed sides...body shop quoted $5700 for the job!

20190629_175905.jpg

Here is a recent photo of my Bighorn...I think it can pull of some nice stainless flares without looking like a chrome nightmare! Don't get me wrong...I like chrome but I would not add chrome ventshades and fake vents or chrome B-Pilar dressings. The flares would be about as much as I could handle!

Photos of the rust are in post #3

Last edited:

zrock

Reaction score
measure the distance of the rust and see if the flair would be wide enough to cover. I had to go with a set of bush Wacker flairs to get enough depth to cover.. I still have to pull them back off to fix the rust.. Im just going to treat the rust and por 15 the spots and leave the flairs on. For me it would have been cheaper to have a shop do the color match.. White color match did not cover worth a crap and took way more than it should and had to do clear after just to get it to shine

OP
OP
RocketFoot

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some photos of the rust...

Warning! The following images may be disturbing: Viewer discretion is advised.​

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0892.JPG
Sorry for the dirt...it's been raining all week, she needs a bath!

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'd opt for either factory or Bushwacker color-matched flares.
I think stainless would look like two frowns on the side of the truck.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd spray some fluid film on the rusted areas a few times a year otherwise it won't matter what fender flairs you put on it in a few years once the rust gets bigger.

OP
OP
RocketFoot

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to try some rust converter on the visible rust and definitely some fluid film for up in the back side of the fenders!