flashing MIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hexxus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I plugged in and there are no stored codes.

I have been scanning the 10K page book for situations for which that light flashes but I haven't found it yet.

I have searched this forum and other sources for an answer but there is a wide range of answers.

I am considering calling the dealer but would rather not.

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Usually it means a misfire is occurring and perhaps hasn't set off a code yet but its most likely a bad plug or coil pack,,Is it running rough or bad idle ? Or anything noticeable different while driving ?
,,I have had failing coil packs make the light flash and run ok most of the time and just misfire very randomly until it actually sets a code other reasons are a catalytic converter could be an issue or one of the reasons below
  • Ignition coil has failed
  • Fuel injector has failed
  • Engine computer has failed
  • Spark plug
  • Spark plug wire
  • Bad engine valves
But I would try an find problem especially if it is one of the cats failing

If you have a good code reader you could pull some live data on the cats and see how the 02 sensors are reading

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hexxus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to pull a cylinder two misfire DTC today. It is most likely because I broke the coil pack boot that sits over the plug. I have 8 boots on order, plus plug wires.