Flip kit options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Miller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I just bought an 07 single cab v6. I was looking into leveling it for now until I have more time to build the parts to drop it but I see many people saying that the 2” shackle will level the truck. But I have a 4” difference in wheel gap from front to rear. I am curious is anyone has ever flipped the axle without buying a kit. Is there any issues I’m not seeing with cutting off the spring perch and welding it to the bottom of the axle? Thanks guys.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The flip kit comes with lift shackles, If you just flip the axel it’s going to net you about a 6” drop. The drop shackles only seem to lower the rear about 1.5” from my experience.

OP
OP
Craig Miller

Craig Miller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
6” would be idea then. I could just go with spindles or springs in the front to level it with the rear.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your trying to do it on the poor mans way, I would prob go to the junkyard an get some factory springs cut em an see how they align. Spindals are $$

OP
OP
Craig Miller

Craig Miller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
It’s not really the poor mans way lol. I’m a fabricator and welder and i would rather just make all my own stuff. It’s just I don’t think making my own spindles would be a smart idea lol. I would buy springs but I want to keep the camber right. I did a 6/8 on my old Sierra and used spindles plus I cut drop springs. My main issue was the rear. I know my old truck had the alignment pin to keep the axle in the right place. I’ll have to pull one side apart to have a look.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
McGaughy's Drop spindles on front and their flip kit in back here. It dropped about 3" in the rear and about 2.5 in the front. I did have to upgrade to performance shocks to keep the front from bottoming out on highway dips in the road though. fwiw

IMG_20150905_094037_088.jpg

JoeRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
McGaughy's Drop spindles on front and their flip kit in back here. It dropped about 3" in the rear and about 2.5 in the front. I did have to upgrade to performance shocks to keep the front from bottoming out on highway dips in the road though. fwiw

View attachment 152187

This looks perfect in terms of stance. Love it.

OP
OP
Craig Miller

Craig Miller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Alright guys. 3/6 drop with springs, flip kit and notch in. Two things. One thing I found after putting everything in is the two leaf springs are in opposite of each other. Should they be like this? And if not how do I know which on is in backwards?

Also, I can not find any adjustable or fixed control arms to fix the camber(just to fix camber not to lower any more). Does anyone have a link with some tips so I can make my own? I will be looking for a single set of factory uppers to make a jig to build new tubular uppers but I would like a good read or video with some pointers to look out for. Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeedHead