Flowmaster 50hd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptesmoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
dont know why back pressure helps low end torque but......

lol love the reference, awesome movie. And to this day I still have no idea how a posi rear works...lol

as for back pressure, i'm sure that's what the butterfly valve was "maybe" designed to keep at low rpm, low exhaust flow. All I know is with that crimped Y, and the valve muffler out of the picture...the truck "feels" better, throughout the whole rpm range. I'm likely wrong, my wife ensures I know that on a daily basis, but I swear it now feels like I have a 6.4 Hemi with a 4.10 rear end...

edit: and it frikin sounds like it too!

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I only get slight drone when in MDS, towing I never see MDS so no issue.

low end torque, I didn't dyno before and after, though what I can tell you is it feels more responsive from a stop, pedal feels more responsive. whether that's torque or not, I don't know, but I feel "buttdyno" wise, she has more "get up and go" from a stop. For example, unloaded from a stop, I have to try NOT to break the back tires loose.

after seeing the inside of the stock muffler, I cannot understand how I would be losing torque. they legit choked the exhaust up.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your comments - will have to keep this one on my list.

OP
OP
I

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Never bought a muffler but am getting ready too. I need a "muffler repair" on my work truck lol. (tax write off)

Anyone have any good videos of one a year later? I'd like to see a drive by not just sitting there revving.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've only got a video of a cold start up with resonator removed if you want to hear that let me know

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where are you guys finding the 50hd for the 6.4 hemi? I can only find it for the 5.7

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Where are you guys finding the 50hd for the 6.4 hemi? I can only find it for the 5.7

I got mine off Amazon. I bought the stainless steel one as the factory exhaust is stainless so wanted everything the same. Bought 3.5" stainless tubing as well from summit to make up the difference.

https://youtu.be/rXhugvLL890

For some reason it's not working from my phone. I'll try again from computer later

Last edited:

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have the american thunder catback that comes with the 50 series HD on my 2500, but i also added the 5 inch dual tips. my truck sounds very mean. the drone at low rpms does suck...but i have a hemifever tune with MDS off and its amazingly quite now! overall, not a bad muffler for our trucks!

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
2nd day i had my truck that muffler went in.

happy. healthy sound. very slight odd sound when the mds or eco kicks on...

i still have the resonator

i run tow/haul mostly, so not bothered by the slightly odd sound.

if i had to do it again, i would do the same as i already did.

cheers comrade!

OP
OP
I

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Leaning towards getting a whole catback now. I want to run all stainless all the way out since Im keeping the truck a long time. I like the look of the dual tips and have to wonder if dual tailpipes after the muffler affects the sound much. The youtube video from flowmaster sounds awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le3btJlZMU0

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Honestly I've heard that system in person and it's no louder or much different from my set up given I have that muffler. I chopped the resonator off as well. The factory is already stainless, I just bought some replacement pipe and the muffler, much cheaper than this system. Just my opinion

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
In my opinion it's hard to beat the price of the drop-in kit from Mufflex
That has the magna flow straight through muffler on it

OP
OP
I

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
In my opinion it's hard to beat the price of the drop-in kit from Mufflex
That has the magna flow straight through muffler on it

I'm just worried how loud that kit is without the resonator. I hate the look of it and am definitely removing it. I wish they had one of the oval mufflers in the kit.