Folding hard tonneau cover, fiberglass top ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Yes, I did search and that is a deep rabbit trail. I think I am removing some variables and maybe this will narrow the recommendations.
Tri-Fold
Fiberglass tops (not aluminum)
don't want to lean against cab in UP position

I throw my push mower and items like that once a week. Scared of a tonneau with rails, because I don't want those items to damage rails or mess up the adjustments. This fear could be unfounded. I had the solidfold 2.0 on my 2014 but hated the look from the back.... I am not unopposed to going to a cover that sits on the rail again though but it will be solid and not material.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Driver72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
Not sure if any folding tonneau cover what won't lean against the cab when in full up position.
I have the BakFlip Fibermax
I like it a lot.
Only negative is the rubber pads that come with them have fallen off in the AZ summer heat.
So I've had to get new rubber pads to protect the top when folding and if/when leaned against the cab.
Other than that, it's a terrific fiberglass cover.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
undercover ultra flex stands vertical, not against cab. the way its prop rods fasten to it prevent it going further forward. but i can say if you dont connect the rods and just let it go forward and rest, its only touching 3rd brake light not paint.

Driver72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
undercover ultra flex stands vertical, not against cab. the way its prop rods fasten to it prevent it going further forward. but i can say if you dont connect the rods and just let it go forward and rest, its only touching 3rd brake light not paint.

The BakFlip I listed above is the same, but it's not worth using the prop rods, as it rests against 3rd brake light too and with a rubber pad as well.