Folding Rear Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spartan0324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm new to this Dodge Ram Forum. I've got a 2016 Dodge Ram HEMI 5.7, Lonestar Edition 4x4. Had it for about 4 years now, by far it's the best truck I've ever had. The question I have, and I'm sure it's been asked numerous of times; Is there a way for the rear seats to fold down? I had came across some threads, have not seen a solution. I'd like to be able to clean my rear windows, it's difficult to do so, with the head rest being in the way . Also, I'd like to be able to store some items,
OUT of sight, OUT of mind, as they say. Any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes.... it can be done with some modification. Look up rear seat mods on here and you'll find the how to.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm new to this Dodge Ram Forum. I've got a 2016 Dodge Ram HEMI 5.7, Lonestar Edition 4x4. Had it for about 4 years now, by far it's the best truck I've ever had. The question I have, and I'm sure it's been asked numerous of times; Is there a way for the rear seats to fold down? I had came across some threads, have not seen a solution. I'd like to be able to clean my rear windows, it's difficult to do so, with the head rest being in the way . Also, I'd like to be able to store some items,
OUT of sight, OUT of mind, as they say. Any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance
This should help...also the rear headrests can be removed, I keep mine in my Ramboxes until needed which greatly improves visibility.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look up ram back seat mod on YouTube, you just need to cut the hooks on the back of the seat. Personally I hate the idea of raising the seat and it seems mildly unsafe to me. That’s also $5 in washers you don’t need to spend

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
also the rear headrests can be removed, I keep mine in my Ramboxes until needed which greatly improves visibility.
That was one of the first things I did when I got my truck home was remove them big fellas. Way nicer viewing out the back with them out of there.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I literally just finished up this mod yesterday, I was chasing water leaks and did this while I was in there. You'll need to remove your fold flat floor and sub (if equipped) first, then remove the seat bolts. Once the bolts are out, just pull the seat up and forward to get it off to the hooks. I pulled the smaller driver's seat all the way out but the passenger I just moved it forward since I didn't want to bother with the seat belt. Once you've found the hooks, just trim them even with the bottom of the plastic piece and reassemble. Now your seat backs can fold down whenever you want just by raising the bottom up about halfway and pulling the seat back forward.

IMG_8481.JPG

IMG_8482.JPG

IMG_8503.JPG