Heated Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the confirmation.
From those who have measured, this seems to be the consensus.
95-100 on low 100+ on high, anyone in this range feels their seats are working well or too well.

As a previous poster mentioned, skin temp is around 93.

It is quite clear that mine have more than just "a percieved" underperformance as Dodge states in there file...
The feature is in fact underperforming.

You're most welcome, Paul.

Hopefully, all these reports of warmer seats will assist you in finding a resolution with this dealer or better support from another, if required.

I know that I wouldn't let this slide, either. :cool:

Best of luck.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I tried getting some readings but since it was warm out yesterday it seemed to not heat up as much as it usually does so I'll recheck the next cold day. The steering wheel for example barely felt warm. The seat read 94°f .

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Had my dealer trip today for the new drive shaft on the 2022 classic, I had them check out the heated seats, apparently it’s not just me and this is Chryslers response, hence nothing the dealer can do. But they as well are known of the issue and this is what they hand the customers. Gotta love it!

Attachments

• BA7150E5-3BBE-425A-A247-AB50E940551A.jpeg
    BA7150E5-3BBE-425A-A247-AB50E940551A.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 20

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had my dealer trip today for the new drive shaft on the 2022 classic, I had them check out the heated seats, apparently it’s not just me and this is Chryslers response, hence nothing the dealer can do. But they as well are known of the issue and this is what they hand the customers. Gotta love it!

WOW!

That's complete horse$hit. I have a 2021 Warlock DS and the seat bottom temperature I last measured was 98F set to low, IIRC.

OP
OP
P

Paul Drumheller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's the exact same letter I received. They say you have to phone dodge and lodge a complaint. If you read the letter though, it states that there is a perceived difference between driver and passenger seats, which there is. It doesn't answer, nor do they give an answer for what the actual output measured temperature should be. This is an underperformance issue that Dodge needs to actually look into and not fluff off with that letter

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW!

That's complete horse$hit. I have a 2021 Warlock DS and the seat bottom temperature I last measured was 98F set to low, IIRC.

Is that good or bad, I need to borrow my temperature gun from work one day and test mine

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's the exact same letter I received. They say you have to phone dodge and lodge a complaint. If you read the letter though, it states that there is a perceived difference between driver and passenger seats, which there is. It doesn't answer, nor do they give an answer for what the actual output measured temperature should be. This is an underperformance issue that Dodge needs to actually look into and not fluff off with that letter
I sat in both of mine and felt as if they were the same. Feels better now that it was 25°F here finally but still. Trucks more so only driven before the salts down on the roads so it doesn’t bother me to much, but when the old Tahoe dies and this is my daily I will probably me more mad

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that good or bad, I need to borrow my temperature gun from work one day and test mine

From the few members that have reported an actual temperature, it seems within the normal range for the low setting but much warmer the the OP's seat set to high.

Thanks for the confirmation.
From those who have measured, this seems to be the consensus.
95-100 on low 100+ on high, anyone in this range feels their seats are working well or too well.

As a previous poster mentioned, skin temp is around 93.

It is quite clear that mine have more than just "a percieved" underperformance as Dodge states in there file...
The feature is in fact underperforming.

I was able to line up a thermal imaging camera finally. To reiterate my point that mine don't get overly hot. As you can see from the attached image the temp ranges from 10-27.9 Celcius or 50-82.4 F. This was done after vehicle had been driven for 15 minutes with seats on high setting.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Well I just found more settings for the seat heaters that allows you to change the Celsius for each setting. No I haven't tried it, literally just found it.
It's under COMFORT.

Screenshot_20240206_165333_AlfaOBD.jpg

Screenshot_20240206_164654_AlfaOBD.jpg

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Not sure I would use something that can't even spell temperature!! Haha
It's AlfaOBD. Well known here in the forum. I use it regularly without issue. I don't care if spelling isn't the developers strong suit. But I hear yah.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's AlfaOBD. Well known here in the forum. I use it regularly without issue. I don't care if spelling isn't the developers strong suit. But I hear yah.
I get it...I know it has been used a lot by people on here. I just found it funny they couldn't spell. The main reason I wouldn't use it is because I'm too dumb with technology to do it. I would probably blow up my truck somehow if I tried to use it!! Haha

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get it...I know it has been used a lot by people on here. I just found it funny they couldn't spell. The main reason I wouldn't use it is because I'm too dumb with technology to do it. I would probably blow up my truck somehow if I tried to use it!! Haha
Alpha OBD was made by a developer from Italy I believe - which explains the odd spellings of things... :)

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I just found more settings for the seat heaters that allows you to change the Celsius for each setting. No I haven't tried it, literally just found it.
It's under COMFORT.

View attachment 536997

View attachment 536996
I found something very different in my 1500, but when I connected to the MY2018+ heated seat controller. But even with the KAoDTech bypass cable, I can't write to the controller. (I have written to a LOT of the rest of the truck, so I know the cable works for that stuff.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_174849_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_174849_AlfaOBD.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 6