Heated Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It may take longer than 5 minutes to warm but think about the temperature of your skin's surface, typically around 93 degrees F. A heated seat is going to have to do much better than 73 degrees to feel warmth.

I had the same issue with both my 2013 and my 2015 heated seats. You can barely feel them but the steering wheel got almost too warm. In my 2022 Longhorn, the seats get nice and toasty in a short time and I often have to reduce the setting down to one or two bars.

Good luck getting this issue addressed. Start pushing the skin temperature versus seat temperature. It is hard to defend a heated seat 20 degrees cooler than skin temperature.
I have a 2022 Big Horn and it heats really quickly in fact it gets too hot and have to turn off or could burn your butt. It has cloth seats.

MackinackRam23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have a 2023 Big Horn Sport with cloth seats. The seats warm quickly and get pretty warm, but not unbearably so. I live in south, but it’s chilly enough to enjoy using the feature.

Left-lane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2023 with perforated vinyl seats which take up to 5 minutes to reach a nice warm temp. I feel it more in my back than in my seat . It feels good as my back often feels quite stiff w/o the heat. I would not want it hotter.

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2023 warlock cloth seat and same things.. not as hot as expected, barely feel them warm.. as anyone tried to "adjust" them with alfaobd ?!?!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, I grabbed real numbers when I was out this evening.

My heated steering wheel ranged from about 94°-97.5° F.

The seat bottom was between 94° & 98.5° F on setting 1 of 2.

This was after about 10 minutes of driving and then tested again after my dinner adventure while driving home after about 15 minutes of driving time.

I was suffering from overindulgence of tryptophan on the drive home and forgot about measuring the seat back temperature. :cool:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
walk into the dealership wearing battery powered heating gear
& tell them that you want to file a complaint

&

ghostnumberone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
Just bought 2023 1500 tradesman. Have 273 km on it, first tank of gas. Took vehicle out for errands and had running for at least 40 minutes. In that time I noticed my heated seats set to full were barely warming. Material is cloth.
This is my first Ram with factory heated seats. Took to the dealership and after service manager confirmed barely any heat booked an appointment for yesterday.

Tech reported seats operating as designed. Temperatures rising when heated and data changed when buttons are pressed.

There is a Star Case #2308000102 stating the seats do not get as warm as other Chrysler vehicles...

Discussion: Customers may complain that the heated seats do not get warm enough or meet their expectations. This is more noticeable in colder climates. By design, the heated seat calibrated output temperature is lower on DD than other Stellantis vehicles. Because if this, customers may perceive that their heated seats are not functioning correctly.

Vehicle returned with no change.

Talked to sales manager and requested testing another new vehicle on the lot

We ran that vehicle for 45 minutes and both also noticed barely any heat is noticed in the seats Both DS and PS.

Answer, that's too bad you can submit a complaint to Dodge Service.

Phoned them and they filed the complaint. Could not answer how many complaints are needed to escalate the concern. I was also informed that there is no customer follow up from Dodge customer satisfaction complaints.

Any other vehicle I've driven in the past you can tell when the heated seats are on. As a matter of fact went delivering Christmas gifts in my wife's Chevy Trailblazer last night with heated cloth seats when I turned them on I notice heat within a couple minutes.

Two questions.
Any other owners notice under performance of this feature?

What is your opinion of Dodge response, sorry you feel that way, that's how it is?

This is something I certainly wouldn't have noticed in a 5 minute test drive. Is the solution to stay away from this vehicle if this is a must have feature?
i have a 2022 1500 Laramie with leather heated and cooled seats and mine get downright hot. I cant keep mine on Hi

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 21 Rebel, with Leather. Driver side gets very hot in under 1min. Even on low setting it's hot. On passenger and rear seats, everyone that sits there doesn't even notice it.
I've never bother to check it with heat gun. I thought there was setting in AlfaODB to adjust it, but I'm too lazy to check.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
walk into the dealership wearing battery powered heating gear
& tell them that you want to file a complaint.

At $175 on-sale for the vest, I'm considering to get one to wear under my drysuit for winter diving. :cool:

PS;
Did you notice that there's a Ram truck in the picture with the snowmobile? Nice!

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Man, y'all got me wishing I got heated seats and steering wheel when I bought my truck.

Schotzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My 2022 Power Wagon has cloth seats and they are heated. Mine get hot quickly and seem to work well.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I watched a video yesterday, this guy had a Dodge Ram, 2009 to 2012 year model.

He removed the driver's seat, then separated the seat from the seat back.
He had purchased a High/Low seat heating element pad, that he slipped right over the OEM heating pad.
The new unit had a switch & 4 wires, he did not touch 2 of the OEM wires because one of those wires was for the Air Bag & the other was for the cooling part, which also has a safety circuit, that shuts everything down, in case of over heating.
The other 2 wires, he hooked up to the OEM switch, using solder & heat shrink.

The strange part was that the part of the seat upholstery that your butt slides over, i think it is called the Bolster was completely shot & should have been replaced !!
It would have made the installation of the seat pad much easier.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have not had a chance to check the temp on these, but was on the road for 4 hrs, it was -10c when I left and + 5c when I got home
I paid attention to the steering wheel and the temp was hot at start and just warm at the end.
Sets went from high to medium after it warmed up
I did not have my meter with me
I do have dual automatic heat on this truck
On remote start driver’s seat and wheel comes on if cold outside, but passenger seat does not come on
I don’t have heat/cooling in the back seat
All this would have been great years ago while freezing balls off on open machinery in late fall or winter

OP
OP
P

Paul Drumheller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was able to line up a thermal imaging camera finally. To reiterate my point that mine don't get overly hot. As you can see from the attached image the temp ranges from 10-27.9 Celcius or 50-82.4 F. This was done after vehicle had been driven for 15 minutes with seats on high setting.

Still never heard back from dealership about actual temperature range, but it was the holidays. I'll follow up next week and post if there is anything worthwhile to mention. I have a feeling I'm not going to get anywhere with them...

Attachments

• IR_0238.jpg
    IR_0238.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 5

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I was able to line up a thermal imaging camera finally. To reiterate my point that mine don't get overly hot. As you can see from the attached image the temp ranges from 10-27.9 Celcius or 50-82.4 F. This was done after vehicle had been driven for 15 minutes with seats on high setting.

Still never heard back from dealership about actual temperature range, but it was the holidays. I'll follow up next week and post if there is anything worthwhile to mention. I have a feeling I'm not going to get anywhere with them...
Are you dealing with Drum Chrysler? They don't have a great rep as far as service departments go,Hanna or Olds have better reps,and might be worth the drive if you don't get anywhere with Drum

OP
OP
P

Paul Drumheller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Are you dealing with Drum Chrysler? They don't have a great rep as far as service departments go,Hanna or Olds have a better reps,and might be worth the drive if you don't get anywhere with Drum
Yes I am, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That temperature is considerably lower than what I measured on my '21 Warlock seat set to low.

I measured between 94 & 98.5F on the seat bottom.

OP
OP
P

Paul Drumheller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That temperature is considerably lower than what I measured on my '21 Warlock seat set to low.

I measured between 94 & 98.5F on the seat bottom.

Thanks for the confirmation.
From those who have measured, this seems to be the consensus.
95-100 on low 100+ on high, anyone in this range feels their seats are working well or too well.

As a previous poster mentioned, skin temp is around 93.

It is quite clear that mine have more than just "a percieved" underperformance as Dodge states in there file...
The feature is in fact underperforming.