For those with 32 gallon tanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can't believe it's a $400 option now. I think it was only $75 for my 2015.
You would think you'd be able to utilize the extra gallons properly for that kind of money...? What's the point in buying it if you can't put it to use.

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can FCA explain why some trucks with 32 gallon tanks fill correctly and some do not?

I have a feeling it's not a software problem, but may be some folks that ordered a 32 gallon tank got a 26 gallon tank installed by mistake at the factory.
I can tell you, once it warms up in the next few weeks, I'll be finding out if I got the 32 gallon or not. It's a brand new truck and I don't have it set up properly yet for my own personal use.
I always carry spare gas for an emergency. I think I'll run it beyond the 0 gallon warning for fifty miles or so to be sure I got the 32 gallon tank that the sticker says I got.
Once I confirm that, I'll be on to RAM along with others to find out a way to find a solution.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can tell you, once it warms up in the next few weeks, I'll be finding out if I got the 32 gallon or not. It's a brand new truck and I don't have it set up properly yet for my own personal use.
I always carry spare gas for an emergency. I think I'll run it beyond the 0 gallon warning for fifty miles or so to be sure I got the 32 gallon tank that the sticker says I got.
Once I confirm that, I'll be on to RAM along with others to find out a way to find a solution.
It has a label on the bottom side of the tank. It's very accessible. You can see it just popping your head under the truck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It has a label on the bottom side of the tank. It's very accessible. You can see it just popping your head under the truck.

Good to know... Thank you.
It was minus six when I went to work this morning...I think I'll wait till it warms up enough to check it out.
I'm still going to run it low to see if I can get fifty miles out of the "reserve" unused portion.
I like to know my limits when I'm in a bind.

sportcoupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Rebel Mojave Sand
Engine

I just popped my head under my 2017 Rebel, just a plastic black tank under it. No label on bottom.

Can you post a picture of the label we are looking for?

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just popped my head under my 2017 Rebel, just a plastic black tank under it. No label on bottom.

I'm at work right now but when I get off I'll take one

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

I just checked myself on my 17 and had no luck finding a label. I was under the truck with a flashlight...It's not there or I just didn't see it.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just checked myself on my 17 and had no luck finding a label. I was under the truck with a flashlight...It's not there or I just didn't see it.
Mine is a 2015 so it might have changed

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My tank had the part number stamped into the plastic but I don't remember exactly where.(2013)
Jay

deanoldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2017 has a paper sticker on the end of the tank by the rear axle that says 32 gallons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
All of you crawling under your trucks looking for a sticker have lost your minds.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ram/index.html

Go to this Ram website and click equipment listing. Put in your VIN and you will get a COMPLETE listing of all the equipment your truck came with from the factory.

EVERYTHING from gear ratio, fuel tank size, etc.

This works for any Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, or Dodge product. If you create an account on the Ram Owner website and again add your truck with your VIN you will actually be able to get a window sticker.

It was minus six when I went to work this morning...I think I'll wait till it warms up enough to check it out.
I'm still going to run it low to see if I can get fifty miles out of the "reserve" unused portion.

I'm at work right now but when I get off I'll take one

My tank had the part number stamped into the plastic but I don't remember exactly where.(2013)
Jay

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All of you crawling under your trucks looking for a sticker have lost your minds.

Go to this Ram website and click equipment listing. Put in your VIN and you will get a COMPLETE listing of all the equipment your truck came with from the factory.

This works for any Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, or Dodge product. If you create an account on the Ram Owner website and again add your truck with your VIN you will actually be able to get a window sticker.
Getting under and looking originated from someone that said his truck was delivered "on paper" with the 32 gallon tank. He was asking if there was a way to visually tell if that is what he actually has.

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

I for one don't mind doing things like climbing under the truck. I think it's a great piece of information to have.
As a Truck/Car/Motorcycle enthusiast, I like knowing all these little tidbits. Makes for good conversion such as right here. I don't think I'm out of my mind because of it.
To your point though, I have a VIN part print out from the dealer:
32 Gallon gas tank...
I have the window sticker:
32 gallon gas tank...
I paid for:
32 gas tank...

Maybe you can help us understand as we've asked why Dodge/Ram insist on only allowing a 26 gallon calibration and fill up once zero miles is indicated.
We know what we have.We just want to know why we can't utilize it to our personal benefits.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Sure.

Laziness.

You have the 32 gallon gas tank that Ram doesn't care to update any sensor or computer software to take into account the extra 6 gallons of gas. When I upgraded from a 26 gallon to 32 on my 09 Ram it was just a tank swap. Same pump and all.

Soooo the easiest answer is laziness. Ram produced almost 600k trucks this past year with most of them 26 gallon tanks. They don't see any issue with having people fill up a little sooner.

Honestly it's a first world problem right? Oh no I can't run my truck down to empty and actually put in 32 gallons of gas. The extra 100 miles or so I needed to go is going to devastate my life.

I for one don't mind doing things like climbing under the truck. I think it's a great piece of information to have.
As a Truck/Car/Motorcycle enthusiast, I like knowing all these little tidbits. Makes for good conversion such as right here. I don't think I'm out of my mind because of it.
To your point though, I have a VIN part print out from the dealer:
32 Gallon gas tank...
I have the window sticker:
32 gallon gas tank...
I paid for:
32 gas tank...

Maybe you can help us understand as we've asked why Dodge/Ram insist on only allowing a 26 gallon calibration and fill up once zero miles is indicated.
We know what we have.We just want to know why we can't utilize it to our personal benefits.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I'm not a 100% sure where you looked but my yellow label was on the back end (towards the back axle) of the gas tank and not on the "bottom". Not sure if that helps you find it. Also the label is temporary....eventually wears off.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry just remembered.... It's been raining all day so my drive way was half flooded. Couldn't see it from the left side. It must be on the right (which is under water) . I bet I saw it when I was putting on my exhaust. When I get to work on dry ground tomorrow I will verify

sportcoupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Rebel Mojave Sand
Engine

This is incorrect. There isn't just a 26 gallon calibration. I have a 32 gallon tank AND a 32 gallon calibration. My gauge reads correctly. I have filled up with 29+ gallons at times before miles to empty read 0.

Because of this, I don't think it's a software issue. I could be wrong as usual though. There may be people that their build sheet says 32 gallon installed but didn't get the correct tank when the truck was built. Only a visual inspection will reveal that.

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sorry just remembered.... It's been raining all day so my drive way was half flooded. Couldn't see it from the left side. It must be on the right (which is under water) . I bet I saw it when I was putting on my exhaust. When I get to work on dry ground tomorrow I will verify

No worries. I only checked under the fill side also. My right side had snow melt under it. I'll try again another time.

FXLRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is incorrect. There isn't just a 26 gallon calibration. I have a 32 gallon tank AND a 32 gallon calibration. My gauge reads correctly. I have filled up with 29+ gallons at times before miles to empty read 0.

Because of this, I don't think it's a software issue. I could be wrong as usual though. There may be people that their build sheet says 32 gallon installed but didn't get the correct tank when the truck was built. Only a visual inspection will reveal that.

This is exactly what I'm trying to find out.
Is it really possible?
Everything says I have a 32 gallon tank.
I am glad to hear that yours is calibrated properly. That gives me hope.

I'm due for my second fill today. I know I wont be getting near thirty gallons when I fill, I also know I won't be getting gas all over the side of my truck trying to put what I thought I had available to me when I bought it.