Ford F-250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Not to mention there is a local dealer to me that has a dealer lifted 3.0 powerstroke f150. Price...... 85k..... 85k like wtf it's a half ton with a baby diesel I'll wait for the trx with 707hp before I spend that much on a truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Just build ur own, better than payments full insurance and paying more for a performance truck insurance on top of it all. But that's my two bits.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just build ur own, better than payments full insurance and paying more for a performance truck insurance on top of it all. But that's my two bits.
I do plan to build mine but depending on what the price of the trx comes in I may still get one. My truck now and my plans for it will label it a "pavement princess" which is fine with me. I also drive a **** ton of miles so I would keep my current truck for daily use and the trx for weekend warrior duty.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Funny story...sort of. I had a 1970 Olds W31 back in the early 90's. There were 2 cousins that were very cocky and 1 had a 1989 GT and one a 1989 LX. It was early spring and I ran into them while driving my truck and they started running their mouths about how their cars were faster than mine and challenged me. I told them it was too early in the year and the last time I drove it it had a vibration. That made it worse. They started with their 'oh excuses' thing. So I went home and got the car out and met them at the 4 lane. Raced the GT first and beat him pretty easily. About 1/8th mile and I was about 5-10 cars ahead of him. So his cousin said his LX was faster and he wanted to try. So the GT was behind me trying to run with us. I beat the LX by about 3 or 4 cars but when I let off it went BANG. Pieces flew out from under my car and the GT behind me slammed on his brakes and swerved to miss the pieces. Turns out it was a u-joint and my driveshaft was dragging...lol.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Another cool Mustang story. My buddies that I went to school with (they are brothers) bought 2 1990 Mustangs. One a GT and one an LX. One was hit in front and one in back. They cut them in half and made 1 car. The one brother now owns a body shop but started doing body work and painting when he was about 12 or 13 after their dad died and left a barn full of cars. He is the best I have ever seen and all my stuff goes to his shop. So I was there after it was welded but before bodywork and paint and knew where the welds were. After it was done you couldn't tell. But the best part is they put a stock 1970 460 in it with NOS. It had a roll bar with factory bucket seats. They said you could not put a 460 in one with air conditioning, power brakes, and stock hood. They did it. They fabricated their crossmember to lower the engine 2" and moved the brake booster over to clear the valve cover.
The car was white and they put the 7.5 emblems on the side. It had the factory wheels and looked stock. Way back about early 2000's Hot Rod magazine had the Power Tour. They drove the car to Rt 66 and met up with the tour. The car made the magazine but it was just a small pic another car took out the window as they were driving. The older brother 'owned' the car and bracket raced it for years but 2 years ago he was on his way back from the track and flipped it. It landed on all 4 wheels but had quite a bit of damage. He is in the process of building another one and transferring all the parts over but his son is taking the wrecked car as a project to rebuild it.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Brandon's comment regarding build your own, has meaning and is a thought that is growing legs. Out West some guys are fed up with the big 3 quality issues. Not going to pay $60k-$70k for a truck that has defects. So,,,,some new company's have sprung up. One that has just got going in our part of the country is BYO Custom. (Build your own) Just finished building a 78 1500 crew cab Chevy. Customer brought them the truck with a bad engine, trans and sloppy suspension. BYO put a new LS2 with matching trans and differential. Upgraded the suspension to current ride and handling of today's trucks. Bucket seats with all new interior. Nice computer, GPS etc package with sound system. New windows and of course tires, wheels and paint. Coming out of paint Friday. Delivery cost to customer,,,,,$24,600. The customer was the original owner and owned the truck clear.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Another cool Mustang story. My buddies that I went to school with (they are brothers) bought 2 1990 Mustangs. One a GT and one an LX. One was hit in front and one in back. They cut them in half and made 1 car. The one brother now owns a body shop but started doing body work and painting when he was about 12 or 13 after their dad died and left a barn full of cars. He is the best I have ever seen and all my stuff goes to his shop. So I was there after it was welded but before bodywork and paint and knew where the welds were. After it was done you couldn't tell. But the best part is they put a stock 1970 460 in it with NOS. It had a roll bar with factory bucket seats. They said you could not put a 460 in one with air conditioning, power brakes, and stock hood. They did it. They fabricated their crossmember to lower the engine 2" and moved the brake booster over to clear the valve cover.
The car was white and they put the 7.5 emblems on the side. It had the factory wheels and looked stock. Way back about early 2000's Hot Rod magazine had the Power Tour. They drove the car to Rt 66 and met up with the tour. The car made the magazine but it was just a small pic another car took out the window as they were driving. The older brother 'owned' the car and bracket raced it for years but 2 years ago he was on his way back from the track and flipped it. It landed on all 4 wheels but had quite a bit of damage. He is in the process of building another one and transferring all the parts over but his son is taking the wrecked car as a project to rebuild it.
Cool stories man...thanks for sharing...

Yeah, no good to brag about how fast your car is and then not have the wheaties to back it up.

I just enjoyed my car. No replacement for displacement. The stangs were f
Quick but the bigger displacement engines could catch and pass them on the big end unless significant mods were done.

Back in the day i really wanted to do a 347 stroker build...maybe someday I'll take that on now that i have another stang.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Brandon's comment regarding build your own, has meaning and is a thought that is growing legs. Out West some guys are fed up with the big 3 quality issues. Not going to pay $60k-$70k for a truck that has defects. So,,,,some new company's have sprung up. One that has just got going in our part of the country is BYO Custom. (Build your own) Just finished building a 78 1500 crew cab Chevy. Customer brought them the truck with a bad engine, trans and sloppy suspension. BYO put a new LS2 with matching trans and differential. Upgraded the suspension to current ride and handling of today's trucks. Bucket seats with all new interior. Nice computer, GPS etc package with sound system. New windows and of course tires, wheels and paint. Coming out of paint Friday. Delivery cost to customer,,,,,$24,600. The customer was the original owner and owned the truck clear.
This sounds like a great deal!