Ford F-250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
C8E194EB-7A33-46D0-9CA6-A14C4DCCCCBA.jpeg What a dog..

So, the dealership gave me a rental while they replace my master cylinder. All they asked me was silver or white? I said white and they pulled up with a 2019 F-250 double cab super duty with 3500 miles. I would have thought it had more nuts when I punched the gas... I havn't looked under the hood, but I'm assuming all 2 series are V8's correct? Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a six cylinder..

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's a heavy truck and if it is a gas motor I would expect it to be a dog. Most of us get caught up on stock vehicle performance when most of us have stuff done to our vehicles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
It's a heavy truck and if it is a gas motor I would expect it to be a dog. Most of us get caught up on stock vehicle performance when most of us have stuff done to our vehicles

Yeah it's gas

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Honestly all hd has trucks are dogs. Honestly for the 1000ft lbs in the new cummins I was pretty underwhelmed and all I currently have is a 5.7 with a intake stock tune. But the gas motor hd do one thing decently and that move weight.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Heavy truck? I thought Ford was bragging all Their pos trucks were aircraft grade aluminum [emoji50] the lightest most powerful truck in its class? [emoji1787] Who are they trying to kid that thing probly has 3:26 gears and 300 hp. I looked at a Ford f250 with the 6.2l before I got my hemi. Took it home on the test drive and hooked my rv to it, needless to say it would hunt for gears on the hill like crazy and was around 4600 rpm maintaining 60 in the hills at about 6mpg. I hooked it to my hemi on its test drive and it easily did 2x better than the Ford and had much more power for towing with a smaller engine. Liked the ram performance just from the towing aspect that I bought it. I still don't regret any of my decision and I bought it in 2015. That said I'd rather deal with a lifter tick than a cam phaser or a hydraulic tensioner failure.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Heavy truck? I thought Ford was bragging all Their pos trucks were aircraft grade aluminum [emoji50] the lightest most powerful truck in its class? [emoji1787] Who are they trying to kid that thing probly has 3:26 gears and 300 hp. I looked at a Ford f250 with the 6.2l before I got my hemi. Took it home on the test drive and hooked my rv to it, needless to say it would hunt for gears on the hill like crazy and was around 4600 rpm maintaining 60 in the hills at about 6mpg. I hooked it to my hemi on its test drive and it easily did 2x better than the Ford and had much more power for towing with a smaller engine. Liked the ram performance just from the towing aspect that I bought it. I still don't regret any of my decision and I bought it in 2015. That said I'd rather deal with a lifter tick than a cam phaser or a hydraulic tensioner failure.
Dont get me wrong when talking about 1/2 tons the 5.0 is a rocket especially the 18s with the 10 speed. I personally choose the ram because it's cheaper to mod lol but lb for lb half ton performance wise the ford will take the w. And on another note the 6.7 powerstroke is an animal as well. I've owned all of the big 3 since 13. I really like my ram but it was tempting to go with the f150 but cost played a factor and again cheaper to mod my ram lol.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah where I'm from the 150 is 12g more than the ram. The massage seats are great and all but the ram actually has some nice shape and character not really a fan of the square look. As for the diesels if I were to pick one Cummins is easiest to work on but the duramax has proven again and again that towing and abuse is what it can take. Especially with the Allison trans behind it. My opinion is that's really hard package to beat. End of the day it comes to dollars and cents. I lost interest in the Ford diesels when the 6.0 blew h gaskets and oil pumps and egr manifolds cracked. The 6.4 loved to throw rods out the block when any power was added too [emoji53] I swear I wasn't a Ford tech for 3 years hah.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yes I have a 1500 and a 95 cummins dually for the really heavy hauls

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I have to take exception to this, with all due respect.

My 3.73 geared 6.4 crew cab 4x4, 2500 tradesmen is no dog at all.

When you squeeze that skinny pedal the 6.4 literally gets up and begs for mercy. 400+ HP of Mopar Magic comes to life. 430 ft lb of instant animal torque. Evil, wicked, nasty....fast...real fast. Do y'all get the idea that i dig my big white beauty?

No she ain't a race car, but she'll do a good imitation of one of you really get after her.

I was just telling my boys the other day a 1987 mustang gt I recently purchased is all stock, 5 speed and 2.73 gears. I told the boys the ram would likely out run that GT and back in 87 it was the king of the street.

For a 7k lb plus work truck it flat out boogies. No, not a dog at all. In fact with some 4.56 gears I'd bet she would out run any of the modern diesels 0-60, or at least be right there with them.

Sure, the turbo whoosh mobile from the blue oval is a couple of hundredths quicker on the strip where it has time to cool down between runs... But the dang thing is too finicky...catch one on the street and it falls prey pretty easily...

Trust me when it comes to gas powered 2500 trucks, the Ram is king of the street...and you can take that to the strip!

Hahaha...full disclosure I stole several of the lines in this post from another source...if any of you dudes are die hard, old school Fox body mustang fans like me I'm sure you know what iconic article I'm talking about!

Again, being serious...a dog she aint! :waytogo::driver:

Last edited:

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just telling my boys the other day a 1987 mustang gt I recently purchased is all stock, 5 speed and 2.73 gears. I told the boys the ram would likely out run that GT and back in 87 it was the king of the street.

F! :waytogo::driver:

A few days ago I made a similar comparison in a Corvette Forum I belong to. I used to own a 88 Mustang 5.0 5 Speed hatchback and now I have a 91 Corvette as a fun car. My comment was from a rolling start my Ram would embarrass my Corvette. The same would have been true against the 88 Mustang.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
A few days ago I made a similar comparison in a Corvette Forum I belong to. I used to own a 88 Mustang 5.0 5 Speed hatchback and now I have a 91 Corvette as a fun car. My comment was from a rolling start my Ram would embarrass my Corvette. The same would have been true against the 88 Mustang.

Yep! Exactly bud. I agree 100% Hard to believe how far we've come since those days. We truly are living in great days for performance cars and pick up trucks.

I bought the 87 GT convertible as a throwback to my youth. The cars i spent tons of time working on, building and racing at maple grove. Great memories.

I'm trying to build some great memories with my boys but sadly they don't seem to have much interest. They only seem to want to watch tv and play video games, despite my best efforts. When i was their age i was racing rc cars, riding go karts and rebuilding 4 wheelers.

Sign of the times sadly. I keep telling them if they don't learn from me, once i pass all my knowledge will be gone and they'll have to pay someone to do everything for them like their mom's dad does....that didn't even work.

Oh well...hopefully that'll change someday.

The article that i referred to and just solidified my love of the 87-93 5.0 mustangs is "Five liters of Fury" by Tony Defao.

If your a mustsng fan or would just enjoy a good old school car magazine article, check it out. It's now posted online.

I'll try to post the link....CLASSIC STUFF!

Last edited:

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 168443 What a dog..

So, the dealership gave me a rental while they replace my master cylinder. All they asked me was silver or white? I said white and they pulled up with a 2019 F-250 double cab super duty with 3500 miles. I would have thought it had more nuts when I punched the gas... I havn't looked under the hood, but I'm assuming all 2 series are V8's correct? Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a six cylinder..
I guess Ford hasn't come out with their new 7.3 gas motor yet that nobody knows anything about yet.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny, when my 1500 was in the shop for accident fixin, the other guys insurance co gave me a F250 SuperDuty crew cab gasser for a loaner.

It wasnt gutless, it felt better once you got going off the line, but it felt slow to get off the line.

But man did it get horrible mpg. I basically drove it home and parked it for the 2 weeks my truck was getting fixed. I joked that it was probably using gas just sitting there in my driveway.

And it was comical just how big it was....too tall to fit in the parking garage at work. So tall inside that my 10 year old daughter could stand up on the back floor and her head still cleared the headliner.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I sure do hate it when people use the F word on this forum. :happy175:

Back in 2014 I rented an F-150 because I needed a back seat and man my Ram could out run that truck any day of the week. :bowroflwerd6:
I can't hate on the f150s with the 5.0 my 13 had 4.10s and it would scream. Is my ram faster yea but I have more power and more gears. And I cant be blinded by brand bias the 10sp 5.0 will walk any stock hemi ram equally equipped. But as others have said it's a great time to be alive my truck is faster than my first sports car lol.

R

Rogues Gambit

Not gonna lie, did wanna Raptor badly, but it was out of my price range and couldn't tow what I needed, plus a supercharger and fbo do the trick as well

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My son had a 2018 Z71 1500 Silverado company truck for about 9 months. Had the 5.3 and 3.42s. They took that and gave him a 2014 F150 5.0 and he hates it. Granted the Chevy was 4 years newer technology but he said it's night and day difference. Said the Ford has considerably less power and suspension is weak. He does alot of off-road driving for work.