Found a little mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Went out Saturday to some new territory. It turned out to be alright, not really worth the drive I don't think.

This we weren't really sure how deep it was but I was willing to try it anyway. It was up to the bottom of the bumper, but coming out on the other side I kept hitting the drop bracket. Tires got all slicked up and just couldn't get enough momentum to get over it. I figured this would be a good test of the mud grapplers in the mud.....and they failed. :(

I did break off a plastic piece that I think was used to support the lower valence (which I don't have on anymore anyway). I didn't even realized it til yesterday. Oh well, must have been catching on the ground on the other side trying to climb out. Here are the pics:

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

The final aftermath:

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

I'm done off roading for the year. I'm going to finish cleaning up the underside, get the engine clean again, give the entire truck a good fukken, then sit back and relax for a while. It's a lot of fun to go out there, but I'm obsessed with getting it clean again.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Looks like ya at least had a good time lol. Sucks about the mud grapplers though. I'm thinking about getting rid of my AT's and going with a full on mud tire. I'd just hate to get rid of basically a brand new set of tires.
One of these days I'll take my truck through some mud lol

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The first time you really get it dirty it hurts, but then it gets easier after that. This was was the worse its been though. It was that stinky clay stuff too. I've always loved mud tires and that's all I'll run, but I'm really surprised these didn't do better than they did in that one spot. I think if I had had a skid plate that would have made all the difference.

Mark, if you ever come this far south hit me up, we'll find some!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
just a little mud...lol

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Couple of real nice lookin trucks there! That being said, I avoid mud like it's got HIV.
Hate trying to clean that crap off.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sounds good Kevin. My wife has a few friends in Austin she's been bugging me to drive down to visits so there's a good chance we'll be down that way this summer. If everything works out like I'm planning, my truck will be a little bigger too lol

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
looks like fun

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks guys. It was fun. The other truck is a 2011, 6" Pro Comp lift like me. Only difference is I've got the Bilsteins and 37s and he's got 35s.

Sounds good Kevin. My wife has a few friends in Austin she's been bugging me to drive down to visits so there's a good chance we'll be down that way this summer. If everything works out like I'm planning, my truck will be a little bigger too lol

Cool, the bigger the better! lol

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mud grapplers are horrible in mud. Trail grapplers are much better.

Five.SevenlExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
depends on what you drive through with mud grapplers... but clay is a big no no..

buddy had a Z71 with mud grappler and they were very nice but any clay based mud that stuck very badly ... it ate the tires for lunch and were worthless

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Looks like a blast man, but I am with everyone else. Cleaning it off is a *****!!

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
need more power to clean them out my buddy has them on his mud running jeep they work great he also has a chevy 421 pushing it but they work good for him

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
That awesome

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

trev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What color is your truck? Lol looks like you had a lot of fun man! I'm gonna keep mine on clean pavement though! :)