From 2005 Nissan Titan King Cab to 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Being new here to northern PA from Ft. Bragg, NC I quickly discovered my southern 2WD truck wasn't going to make it thru the winter so I bought myself a 2012 Ram Sport Crew Cab 4WD. I was very pleased with how comfortable the Ram rode. The dealership (shout out to Keller Brothers Dodge) is taking care of some things before I actually drive off the lot to bring it home. Don't get me wrong...the Titan served me very well (over 188k miles and still going strong), but after the snow storm we had here a few weeks ago (even with BFG KO2s and 700lbs of sand in the bed) I realized I needed 4WD. Since my family complained about the space in the cab I decided crew cab was the better option. I lost bed space, but made up for it with interior space. Chose the Ram over another Titan after speaking to people I know that have Rams and have no complaints about them...plus a majority of the trucks I see around here are Dodge Ram or Ram 4x4. Looking forward to enjoying mine once Keller Brothers Dodge tells me its ready. In the meantime they have me in a 2014 Ram Crew Cab Laramie. Really nice and I'm getting pampered with all the "goodies" in it, but I am getting ideas for what I'll do to mine when I get it back (i.e. heated seats and push button start with proximity keyless go!!! Unfortunately I'm finding out the 8.4 screen won't work in mine :( Other than that I'm sure my Ram will last me for many years to come.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome, be sure to post pics when you get the truck

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Welcome aboard! I went from a Dodge, to a Titan and now back to the Rams. I will also say that my Titan was a very capable, well running and nicely equipped ride, and had I not got a smokin deal on a Ram 2500, I would probably still be driving it. All that being said, the 10.8 mpg, the lame Navigation that didn't have Alaska maps and poor support from the factory kept me from buying another one.

OP
OP
MAJ_Charlie

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome aboard! I went from a Dodge, to a Titan and now back to the Rams. I will also say that my Titan was a very capable, well running and nicely equipped ride, and had I not got a smokin deal on a Ram 2500, I would probably still be driving it. All that being said, the 10.8 mpg, the lame Navigation that didn't have Alaska maps and poor support from the factory kept me from buying another one.
I actually considered getting a Titan CC, but decided on the Ram instead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I actually considered getting a Titan CC, but decided on the Ram instead.

Same here, I took a good, hard look at the new XD's, but most all reviews of it were pretty poor. Seems they are slower, have more problems, are fairly expensive, get poor MPG's and haul less than most other 1500's. Plus they look like an F-150 to me.

OP
OP
MAJ_Charlie

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks...already picked up my 1st mod! Not fond of chrome wheels! Putting them up for sale as soon as I get the Ultra Motorsports Gauntlet wheels mounted :)af9b8bbcfa9c955003eb60744aad6da5.jpg
50cfd36da53feb056f3d778d9b970e31.jpg
972c9794d9081f1121fb1914db0a1f60.jpg

OP
OP
MAJ_Charlie

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far I've acquired quite a few things for my truck. Got a pedal commander, Diablo T1000, an Alpine mono amp and better sub, a BakFlip MX4 bed cover, and as of today a Flowmaster FlowFX Direct Fit muffler. More mods to follow...