Front Bumper Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have an original High Country Customs, one of the first before the current fabricator started making them. They're built a lot better these days. I know a few guys running them, but none are over on this forum, just FB Groups. Like four or five of us now running these at PWIM. The new ones work with sensors. I dunno if they got that on their site yet, but two guys now have them with sensors.

View attachment 195247

That's Mike Key's truck. I've seen it several times and his video with Dethloff on tire/wheel fitment should be required watching before asking "what is the biggest tire" anywhere.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I also have the Expedition One front bumper on order for Natasha (my ‘19 PW). It has all the bells and whistles needed to directly swap out the oem bumper. In addition to that, the bull bars don’t interfere with the front camera view and there are spots for additional lights in the bumper. I know that they make for the ‘18 PW as well. My biggest complaint with them is the really long lead time (12-16 weeks). I’ll upload a pic after I get it, and install it.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Awesome, thank you!

I also have the Expedition One front bumper on order for Natasha (my ‘19 PW). It has all the bells and whistles needed to directly swap out the oem bumper. In addition to that, the bull bars don’t interfere with the front camera view and there are spots for additional lights in the bumper. I know that they make for the ‘18 PW as well. My biggest complaint with them is the really long lead time (12-16 weeks). I’ll upload a pic after I get it, and install it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's Mike Key's truck. I've seen it several times and his video with Dethloff on tire/wheel fitment should be required watching before asking "what is the biggest tire" anywhere.

Well, who do you think posted that LOL. He hasnt got around to changing his user name over here apparently.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Hello.

Well, who do you think posted that LOL. He hasnt got around to changing his user name over here apparently.

LOL, I was here first before the Registry and we got the Power Wagon. This was my old stomping grounds when we had the 1500 and full-time Airstreamers. Well, the towing section in particular. Been trying to check back in a little more regularly.

Polarisman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 later ecodiesel
I have a ranchhand on my 1500 and there was options for both a winch and park assist sensors

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Now that I'm over being butt hurt st FCA I wonder how well things hold up with after market bumpers and removed fender wells....lots of snow and sand and snow removal chemicals here....any thoughts

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is no way in hell I would remove the fender liners. Cant you just put the thing back together, or is it too mangled?

trdt44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Did you get the full Bullbar Hoop also? I ordered mine on 11-30, how about you? The last update I got was middle of March. I also ordered the rear bumper.

I will also post pictures once I get mine installed.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I have an original High Country Customs, one of the first before the current fabricator started making them. They're built a lot better these days. I know a few guys running them, but none are over on this forum, just FB Groups. Like four or five of us now running these at PWIM. The new ones work with sensors. I dunno if they got that on their site yet, but two guys now have them with sensors.

View attachment 195247
Poser:anitoof::anitoof: you could have at least snapped the pic in a mall parking lot:boobs:

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Did you get the full Bullbar Hoop also? I ordered mine on 11-30, how about you? The last update I got was middle of March. I also ordered the rear bumper.

I will also post pictures once I get mine installed.

Wait, you're still waiting on your bumper?

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have an IronBull bumper. You mentioned it in your tread so I figured I would share my experience:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/iron-bull-defender-4-bumper.72685/

Check out my write up. Tons of photos and good info. The bumper is good. There are so many options out there and making the decision on which to buy will be challenging.

e53bfc21f3353ea4accc90165af95bbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have been looking for a replacement rear bumper since I damaged mine. View media item 28945
You can add Iron Cross and Westin to your list. Both made in USA.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I like this one also. Wonder if anyone on here is running this??

I know a lot of guys running those. They look good. But I'm personally not big on some of the design choices, and they don't look particularly re-enforced.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know a lot of guys running those. They look good. But I'm personally not big on some of the design choices, and they don't look particularly re-enforced.
I was reading it is a triple section system, I’d be curious to see how that works or if anyone has experience replacing one of the wings if you were to hit something?