Front Bumper Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hi all, thank you for having me. I'm looking for recommendations for a replacement front bumper on my 18 PowerWagon. Currently I have a stock bumper & grill guard, and I'm looking for something closer to a baja/prerunner style bumper ideally. Please let me know if you have any other recommendations. I've added comments as I see them and will add to this list as new ideas are suggested...

PS- it came up below but personally I tend to 'discount' when fabricators hilight their line of apparel (clothing, hats, swag) more than their build methods/tech on their site.

My ideal solution will have:
  • Heavy duty- I need it to be able to take a hit as I go offroad often and well, things happen
  • retain the stock winch
  • retain the parking sensors
  • have shackle mounts (I can sacrifice tow hooks for solid shackle mounts)
  • GOOD approach angle clearance (my grill guard has a step on it that gets hung up on everything)
  • some grille and ideally headlight protection
Here's what I've looked at so far:

Thuren

Maple Off Road

Mercenary
DV8 Off-Road
  • 3 piece design and touts 'lighter weight design' using thinner skin but thicker internal gussets and lots of holes with mesh.
  • Seem to have quite a few products, not dodge or bumper focused
  • simple, clean designs. Not fussy and complex. No options either.
  • Unrelated to the bumper they have one of the coolest chase racks I've seen since the GoRhino with motorized lights. Yep, I'm a nerd.
  • https://dv8offroad.com/collections/dodge-bumpers/products/fbdr2-04

HHC Off Road
  • I can't seem to find a website for them, so no comment.
Chassis Unlimited
  • three basic designs to choose from
  • All designs are lower profile looks, only one allows winch.
  • This shop seems to work exclusively on heavy duty full size trucks- no Ridgeling parts in sight.
  • This is the ONLY manufacturer that I've found that not only TELLS you that you have to modify the winch (free spool lever) but includes the hardware to perform the modification FREE. Much respect there.
  • OK, this may sound dumb, and I'm no expert, but any fabrication shop that shows you all of their products pre-paint with high-res images including their welds is either really stupid, or really good. If they have crap quality they'll get called on it 30 seconds after it hits the internet.
  • https://chassisunlimited.com/2010-2018-ram-powerwagon-octane-series-front-bumper.html
Hammerhead Bumpers
ARB

Iron Bull Bupers

Addictive Desert Designs

Expedition Store

High Country Customs
  • Basic basic basic design
  • no sensors (update- I'm told they MAY do this if you call)
  • Mike Key runs one, and apparently they are popular at Power Wagons in Moab. So that tells me it's probably one tough SOB of a bumper instead of a bro-mpter
  • https://www.highcountrycustoms.net/product-page/ram-bumper
AEV
Bulletproof Bumpers

Thunderstruck Bumpers

Flog Industries
Road Armor

Ranch Hand
  • These really are one of the mack-daddy OG companies. Never hear a bad thing and craigslist is full of these where the truck wore out before it did.
  • Not one product that allows you to keep the stock winch, and they seem to hate sensors.
  • Look like they were made from oil-field scrap- and just as tough.
  • These bumpers are the steel-based personification of Iggy Pop- ugly as frickin' sin but perfectly designed to perform and never quits
  • https://www.ranchhand.com/searchfilter/?catId=5&catName=5&model=288&year=386
Go Rhino

Last edited:
OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thuren fab makes a bumper. Maple off-road, mercenary, hhcoffroad. All power wagon based bumpers.

Here's an updated list with your recommendatations. I've debated on whether or not to deduct points if any of these companies have an "apparel" secion on their website :)

Thuren

Maple Off Road

Mercenary

HHC Off Road
  • can't find a website for them.

Addictive Desert Designs

Expedition Store

High Country Customs
AEV
Bulletproof Bumpers

Thunderstruck Bumpers

Road Armor

Go Rhino

Last edited:
OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thuren fab makes a bumper. Maple off-road, mercenary, hhcoffroad. All power wagon based bumpers.

Here's an updated list with your recommendatations. I've debated on whether or not to deduct points if any of these companies have an "apparel" secion on their website :)

Thuren

Maple Off Road

Mercenary

HHC Off Road

Addictive Desert Designs

Expedition Store

High Country Customs
AEV
Bulletproof Bumpers

Thunderstruck Bumpers

Road Armor

Go Rhino

trdt44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You may be able to get the Expedition One bumper with the sensor holes. The 2019 version I ordered has the sensor holes, front and rear. With that said there were some issues with the rear sensors not working right with their swing out bumper.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I
Thanks, I didn't want someone to respond with "Google is yoru friend". I've done alot of the legwork but haven't landed on 'perfect' yet, so I wanted to ask if I'd missed something.
love that you put a lot of choices in one place. And I like your commentary on each. I think if you are going to spend 2k plus for a bumper I would only consider the AEV bumper. It looks factory to me and it’s the one I’ve wanted for a long time. And I haven’t been able to find a used one ever so that says something right there.
Plus it checks all the boxes I think you are looking for and it does for me too. I do agree it’s expensive though.

not saying it’s the best one but for my taste and what I use my truck for( farm and forestry services) it will meet or exceed those needs.

cant wait to see what you go with. Also have you looked at ranch hands? Or ARB? I know the ARB one will have headlight protection. And the new 2019 AEV beeper is supposed to have modular bars you can attach. I wonder if they will update the 4th gen bumper to take something similar. Seems like a good idea

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look up ironbullbumpers. May be able to get them to work with you.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
https://arbusa.com/dodge-ram-2500-2009-on

This bumper fits 2017 but I think the mounting setup is the same. Check it out, but it does not check all the boxes. On my truck the parking sensors have a retainer clip built on them, so it appears that drilling the hole through the bumper is all that is needed.

edit: I just saw @56PW17 had a post on ARB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I added Iron Bull and ARB to the list above and updated the first post so everything is there in case anyone else comes here to look. Makes it easier than hunting through the thread. I'll try and keep it updated as I go if there are other recommendations to consider.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2018-Ram-2500-3500-Off-Road-Front-Bumper-Heavy-Duty-Replacement-Winch-
Ready/193298840321?hash=item2d01823b01:g:w6YAAOSwd7FcGWAo

I have this one. It is DV8 brand but I purchased it from the ebay link above for $665 May not have all the options as some of the others but hard to beat the price. Below is a link to DV8's website where they have it for $1400+

View attachment 195026

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/dodge-bumpers/products/fbdr2-04

Thanks, I added this above. I'm not sure I'm digging this one, but it's a good option I think. Also as I mentioned I really love their chase rack. Had I found that before I bought my Magnum rack I probably would have gone this direction!

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, I added this above. I'm not sure I'm digging this one, but it's a good option I think. Also as I mentioned I really love their chase rack. Had I found that before I bought my Magnum rack I probably would have gone this direction!
It looks better in person than online pics. Not sure about their marketing department.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
High Country Customs

I have an original High Country Customs, one of the first before the current fabricator started making them. They're built a lot better these days. I know a few guys running them, but none are over on this forum, just FB Groups. Like four or five of us now running these at PWIM. The new ones work with sensors. I dunno if they got that on their site yet, but two guys now have them with sensors.

2020-02-14 19.26.56.jpg

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hammerhead Bumpers, I've got them on my 1500 very solid. Winch ready, light mounts and sensors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel