Front Floor Console Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

methpmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hello, I have a 2009 Ram 1500 that currently has the 40/20/20 front seat setup. I am wanting to swap over to a floor console that looks similiar to the picture below. I am pretty sure i will have to swap the trim pieces for the radio and vents that big assembly too. But what I am curious is can you swap out the floor shifter to like a little storage area and some cup holders? I am just curious if anyone has actually done this... Maybe if you still have part numbers handy that would be greatly helpful too

Thank you for your help!

https://imageappky.car-part.com/ima...uck 1500 Front Console Assembly-Stock# A17046

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hello, I have a 2009 Ram 1500 that currently has the 40/20/20 front seat setup. I am wanting to swap over to a floor console that looks similiar to the picture below. I am pretty sure i will have to swap the trim pieces for the radio and vents that big assembly too. But what I am curious is can you swap out the floor shifter to like a little storage area and some cup holders? I am just curious if anyone has actually done this... Maybe if you still have part numbers handy that would be greatly helpful too

Thank you for your help!

https://imageappky.car-part.com/ima...uck 1500 Front Console Assembly-Stock# A17046

I just did this swap on my truck.

You can find consoles without the shifter. If you already have one with the shifter then you can find just the cup holder area on eBay and swap it out for the shifter section on yours, if you already have a console.

Here’s mine.

Before:

de657738c0655c8669be842a5cdfd9ea.jpg

After:

8bf4ba4d059aca44b3f9f5b1be4f6a10.jpg

You will need the front + rear console mounting brackets, you will need the 09-12** or 13+ floor console specific radio bezel, you will need the rubber mats for the console unless yours comes with/has them already. You will also need the front “wings” or “kick panels” that cover the exposed console parts where it meets the dash down by passengers feet.

** If you have an 09-12 Ram, Dodge has for some reason discontinued the floor console center console so you can no longer buy this item brand new. When I was looking for mine, I found 2 on eBay for the 09-12 rams and like 100+ for the 13+ rams. Anyway, the 2 I did find for the 09-12 were $289 (ugly ass wood trim) and then a dirty scratched beat up silver one for $550. Insane prices when the jump seat version sells for $80-$150.

Anyways, I was lucky to find one at a junkyard for less then ebay prices. I am however selling mine in the next 2-3 weeks as I ordered a 12.1” Tesla style radio from Phoenix and it comes with a new custom bezel for the dash for the new 12.1” screen so I won’t be using mine anymore. If you have an 09-12 and need one, let me know and when I post it for sale you can have first dibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat