Front Windshield Tinted. Worth It?

Is it worth it?

• Yes, I felt a difference.

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Nope, waste of money.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in Arizona. I have my windows tinted at 20% all around. I've been kicking around the idea of getting front window done. Contacted my tint guy and he said he'd do it for $100.

Is it worth it? I live in Arizona, sun/heat is 120+ in the summer. I use a really good sunshade. Fits the Ram window, actually made to fit like a glove and it does.

Is that going to be better than the tint? Or the tint going to be better than a sunshade?

I've heard people say I don't need a sunshade any longer with the front window being tinted..

true? I'm sure there are benefits to still using it... but.. I may call him up and have him do it Saturday..

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once I tinted my windshield I won’t ever own a vehicle without it. I have 15 percent on my front windshield and 5 percent on all other windows .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's vision at night?...........you got me thinking...hmmm....lol

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
How's vision at night?...........you got me thinking...hmmm....lol

It’s not like you would think. I can see perfectly fine. Here’s a video

OP
OP
17CrewCab1500

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once I tinted my windshield I won’t ever own a vehicle without it. I have 15 percent on my front windshield and 5 percent on all other windows .

So, did you noticed a drop in temperature with it? AC work better? Don't need sunglasses..

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I forget exactly how dark I went on my windshield but I think it was like 35% or so. I will do it for all of my vehicles from now on too. I don't use a sun shade at all anymore either.

Seeing at night through the windshield is no issue either. It seems like it cuts down on glare from road signs and other drivers headlights a bit too.

Ac does cool off noticeably faster.

I can't wear sunglasses in my truck anymore. But that is more because of my side windows. I can see out the front with sun glasses on just fine.

One thing that I don't like about my windshield tint is that in certain circumstances my dash reflects off the windshield and it can be a bit distracting. If I had some lighter polarized sunglasses that would be no problem though as the polarized lenses make that reflection disappear.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
So, did you noticed a drop in temperature with it? AC work better? Don't need sunglasses..

All three. I never use sunglasses and it’s for sure cooler in the truck. I also don’t seem to mind high beams anymore either.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had 50% on my cars windshield when I lived in AZ. Absolutely worth it. AC ran much better, I did still use the sunshade as well .

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sooo relevant to my current interest here OP. I want to get my front done too

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I live in Arizona. I have my windows tinted at 20% all around. I've been kicking around the idea of getting front window done. Contacted my tint guy and he said he'd do it for $100.

Is it worth it? I live in Arizona, sun/heat is 120+ in the summer. I use a really good sunshade. Fits the Ram window, actually made to fit like a glove and it does.

Is that going to be better than the tint? Or the tint going to be better than a sunshade?

I've heard people say I don't need a sunshade any longer with the front window being tinted..

true? I'm sure there are benefits to still using it... but.. I may call him up and have him do it Saturday..

Add another layer of 20% to your sides and do 35% on your windshield really depends how you can see at night now as some people struggle to focus a bit. including me I had 20% and it was a too dark when your on a road that has no ambient lights, Street lights, houses, etc.

You'll still want to use your sun shade when parked.

Last edited:

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I see truck here in California with the windshields tinted, sometimes I cant even see the driver! I don't know how the cops don't notice but power to them for getting away with it. I do have to say it does look cool.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
I see truck here in California with the windshields tinted, sometimes I cant even see the driver! I don't know how the cops don't notice but power to them for getting away with it. I do have to say it does look cool.

Yea it’s for sure illegal unless you have a medical exemption which in Florida allows you to have any percentage on any of the windows

OP
OP
17CrewCab1500

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK! I am getting it done tomorrow morning. My tint guy is coming here at 8am! I'll be sure to post before and after pictures.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do it worth it alone just to keep the heat out I think I have 70% on my Ram.. I did it to help reduce the glare from oncoming headlights as well as reducing the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't try this in Texas, because even if the cops leave you alone, you won't pass your annual inspection.

OP
OP
17CrewCab1500

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't try this in Texas, because even if the cops leave you alone, you won't pass your annual inspection.
Dang, annual inspections?? Screw that. LOL

prohunter4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have Rayno Air 70/90 on all my vehicles. Will never own another without it. Can’t tell it’s there, except for he heat rejection.