Front Windshield Tinted. Worth It?

Is it worth it?

• Yes, I felt a difference.

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Nope, waste of money.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
In Florida you can get a medical exemption which allows you to tint any percentage on any of the Windows’s I’ve gotten pulled over three or four times and always been let off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonny188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the newer ceramic sun shade including the windshield...I love it! Truck is cooler inside and I rarely have to wear sunglasses while driving...No nighttime issues at all. I'm in Virginia and have the DMV sunshade endorsement on the restoration card so I have the full allowable treatment.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great! I have been debating getting mine redone a bit lighter. Might have to jump on it now.

As far as tint laws... Its merely a tint tax if you get caught. It is worth it to some people to just pay the ticket every so often. Although, I have heard that you have to get the vehicle inspected after it is removed?

Or, get your optometrist to write you the script and send it in to the DMV. There are standard forms you can print out and send it. Really easy. As far as I know once you send it in, police will see it when they run your registration kind of like a CCW will pop up at that time too.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
Looks great! I have been debating getting mine redone a bit lighter. Might have to jump on it now.

As far as tint laws... Its merely a tint tax if you get caught. It is worth it to some people to just pay the ticket every so often. Although, I have heard that you have to get the vehicle inspected after it is removed?

Or, get your optometrist to write you the script and send it in to the DMV. There are standard forms you can print out and send it. Really easy. As far as I know once you send it in, police will see it when they run your registration kind of like a CCW will pop up at that time too.

Yea but some states specify the tint allowed with the exemption, some do not such as Florida. Also the items I’ve been pulled over it wasn’t being able to been looked at through their computer. I had to show them my certificate of exemption.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea but some states specify the tint allowed with the exemption, some do not such as Florida. Also the items I’ve been pulled over it wasn’t being able to been looked at through their computer. I had to show them my certificate of exemption.

OP and myself are from AZ. It pops up in DPS's system if they run your tag (as far as I know). I don't have mine in my truck at all and have never had an issue. Although, I try not to get pulled over too so I haven't had many encounters with LEO here to verify it.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
OP and myself are from AZ. It pops up in DPS's system if they run your tag. I don't have mine in my truck at all and have never had an issue. Although, I try not to get pulled over too so I haven't had many encounters with LEO here to verify it.

Az law specifies 70 percent is allowed on the windshield with the tint exemption. My wife used to have 35 and I could barely tell it was there.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Az law specifies 70 percent is allowed on the windshield with the tint exemption. My wife used to have 35 and I could barely tell it was there.

I never knew there was a limit with the exemption. Thanks for that info! I hope they never get the meter out when I get pulled over.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
I never knew there was a limit with the exemption. Thanks for that info! I hope they never get the meter out when I get pulled over.

When I googled that it came up but I looked in their site and it didn’t show any limit. Some stated do have a limit though.

Rampad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have 50% ceramic on the windshield and the side windows. (I dont like dark tint since I drive at night often) I have the dark leather interior and it made a difference as far as keeping your thighs from burning when in direct sun. Maybe not alot cooler when you first get in compared to no tint. But definitely cools down faster after ac is on.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a strip tint across the top.
It's probably about 4" strip.
There are marks on windshields of where the tint can't go below.
While I like it, it does cause an issue with having to stick a dash cam to it.

Ram480

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8AB59058-1679-429D-BCE0-E3A28401E903.jpeg 6906E5DC-3111-4258-96D5-577AC2EFA8CE.jpeg I have 15% on my Reg Cab Ram windows 2% on my rear and then 20% on my windshield you can nearly tell it’s their but the sun doesn’t not bother me at all anymore I live in AZ Summed is right around the corner I definitely recommend it

gonecampingnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 20% ceramic on rear & sides, 75%(?) Ceramic on the front. Much cooler. Back windows are extremely low-vis at night, requiring roll down if I can't just use the camera 70778b2ca5ea8b70b563cc5c8af5c7b4.jpgf2fd28f02560107f9573fbb0f3cd695b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gonecampingnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They do offer a ceramic film that blocks the UV rays and heat.

Don’t believe it provides any tint whatsoever.
20% ceramic all around & 75%(?) Ceramic on front6c86eff59279b06380a88703c44fb499.jpg17820da5accebd37c0f9b00293349c03.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
ceramic is what dealerships should be offering-however a tinted windshield in Canada is a no go! I put 20% on the front door glass and it matches great and keeps my seat from feeling like a griddle, but if I lived in Arizona or Texas , I can get why you would want to cover all the glass.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you either post or PM me contact info for the tint guy?

ron4back

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be careful when tinting your windshield. It may be against the law. I had a Dodge Van that I had the windows tinted on and the technician told me that it i=was only legal to tint the top 5" of the windshield (see the little marks on the windshield with AS1 and an arrow pointing down).

https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/glass-window-tinting/

harryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
Just curious...does anyone know if its legal in Florida ?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
its generally illegal everywhere with out medical exemptions. What you can do to not stand out is add an aggressive eye brow to the top of the windshield to the AS1 line so from a distance or just passing the brow looks like any other regular legal brow and the windshield gets over looked. Use 5% tint or even black vinyl

harryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
Can someone explain 5% and 15% Does that mean that the light is 5% or 15 % less coming thru the window ?

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had windshield tint on mine since 2014. It's time for a new windshield in a bad way so but will definitely be putting the tint back on the new windshield. 5% in the rear windows, 20% in the fronts including the windshield.

We get massive amounts of darkness in the winter but the sun never goes higher than your windows while driving so it's always right in your face. Summer time the sun never goes down so it's always beating down on your vehicle.

My new Chevy SS car has 20% all the way around as well along with my 2017 Cummins.
Every vehicle we own will have windshield tint. SO WORTH IT!!