Frustrated with FCA..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Do They use a conventional or is there a Lexus synthetic filter too? I know some places have special filters for synthetic and they cost more..

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do They use a conventional or is there a Lexus synthetic filter too? I know some places have special filters for synthetic and they cost more..

Oddly enough her car has a cannister filter, but they use the Toyota branded cartridge. I dont think there is anything special about it and even if you used non-synth oil they spec the same exact cartridge.

I did the last oil change myself, Mobil 1 0W-20 Extended Performance (high in PAO count for the 10K mile suggested OCI) and a Fram Ultra filter cartridge. After the Mobil 1 rebate the oil was like $15.00 (had to buy 2 5 quart jugs to get the 6 quarts necessary) and the filter cartridge was $10 I think.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
That's cheap! Here in Canada on my hemi it's never under $100 for oil and filter even if it's conventional oil. Synthetic is usually a $130 touch and that's me doing it myself.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Funny, I ran into a couple of “out of warranty issues” in the last couple of decades over the span of a Neon, 3 Ram’s, 3 Jeep’s, and a Challenger. My service department has never let me down. In short, it seems like you’ve got a bum dealer.

My dealer is good. Their hands are tied by FCA on third issue, unfortunately

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did not see this mentioned.

Basic trouble shooting technique for the sensor. Swap it out for the existing sensor on the other side.

Good luck.

RAMMED129

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Trust me i feel your pain with FCA!!! Even if you were in warranty they could care less. I have also bought over 200k worth of products as well as referred countless family and friends and am now in lemon law proceedings over a CEL on a 2018 Ram ecodiesel with less than 9k miles. That company is a joke when it comes to caring about any customer and you will never get past the first level of their customer care department. They could have at least givin you the diag for free. A little bit of courtesy goes a long way. Instead they force everyone to the extreme. Good Luck!

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Yep. So basically Im supposed to trust a business that pulls stunts like that with the vehicle I already paid them for, so I can pay them to "service" it in that manner. SorryNotSorry, its not going to happen.

Also a timely email just arrived....offer from our Lexus dealer for $50.00 off an oil change. The fact they give $50 off and it isnt actually FREE is just crazy IMHO. Its $125 to change the oil in my wife's ES350....why? "it requires fully synthetic oil". But if it didnt require synthetic, the oil change would be $24.95. Im sorry....when did synthetic oil cost $100.00 more than non-synth?

I can buy the exact same oil they would use from their very own parts department for $7/quart. The non-synth stuff is probably $4/qt, the engine takes 6 quarts. Total price difference between synth and non-synth oil: $18. Where does the other $82 difference come from? Is it somehow more labor intensive filling with synthetic vs non-synthetic?
yes they are nuts on there cost ! I get amsoil to my door bring it in with a royal purple filter this local changes it 30.00 your better off that way !

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Not really sure what FCA would do regarding a blown head gasket, but the Tundra powertrain warranty is only 60,000/6 years vs
5years/100,000 miles. I also don't know if the Tundra has a known issue with their head gaskets which would make a difference. In my experience as a field service representative for a heavy duty truck manufacturer, asking for help on a minor issue such as a wheel sensor fault would most likely never get any assistance. I'm surprised you would ask on the sensor when you had a differential failure at 39K and decided to just trade the vehicle in. Just my two cents worth.

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's cheap! Here in Canada on my hemi it's never under $100 for oil and filter even if it's conventional oil. Synthetic is usually a $130 touch and that's me doing it myself.
Where are you located? My 5.7 is a little under $80 for conventional, on Vancouver Island.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yessir, world record deer was shot in my buddy's back yard a few years back.