Fuel Pump Recommendations - 2011 Ram 1500 4.7 V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeepRight

ExFalconFxr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I am working on my niece's 2011 Ram 1500 4.7l V8... :driver::grd:This is her third fuel pump in the last many years, as the sending unit is bad. What recommendations on a quality but not overpriced fuel pump? Yes -- I know the OEM is considered best. :cool::cool:

I am looking for a fuel pump where the sending unit doesn't go bad in a couple of years. The level slider eventually wears a line, and then it stops indicating. I've read that the OEM is known for the sending unit to wear out. That includes the extremely cheap fuel pump the other mechanic installed in 2018. :confused::confused:

What other brand eliminates this and provides a quality fuel pump?

Please, positive -- relevant replies are requested. o_O:eek:

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am working on my niece's 2011 Ram 1500 4.7l V8... :driver::grd:This is her third fuel pump in the last many years, as the sending unit is bad. What recommendations on a quality but not overpriced fuel pump? Yes -- I know the OEM is considered best. :cool::cool:

I am looking for a fuel pump where the sending unit doesn't go bad in a couple of years. The level slider eventually wears a line, and then it stops indicating. I've read that the OEM is known for the sending unit to wear out. That includes the extremely cheap fuel pump the other mechanic installed in 2018. :confused::confused:

What other brand eliminates this and provides a quality fuel pump?

Please, positive -- relevant replies are requested. o_O:eek:

You answered your question at the end of the second paragraph.

OP
OP
KeepRight

KeepRight

ExFalconFxr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Not really... The OEM fuel pump/sending unit are known for having an issue.

My ask is are here recommendations for another brand/manuf that has improved the pump sending unit. As I said, she's gone though a couple pumps...all failing for the same reason.