Fuel System Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steph647

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey y’all - have a 2021 with what appears to be a fuel system failure. Truck was manufactured in Dec 2020 and I’m suspicious about it having the recalled pump on the 2019-2020 model years. A fuel sampling from the tank showed no contaminated but a second sample found trace amounts of DEF but I know with 100% certainty the fuel wasn’t mixed with DEF.

Check engine light came on and towed it to the dealer; Chrysler says there’s no mechanical issue and won’t cover a fuel system replacement under warranty. A system flush did not fix the issue…Has anyone had a similar experience or are they raking me over the coals?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I wonder why they did a 2nd fuel sample if the first one was clean so I would call BS and take my own sample to be tested...

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is this what it's coming too, you have to take samples of your vehicles fluids BEFORE you take it in for warranty work?

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this what it's coming too, you have to take samples of your vehicles fluids BEFORE you take it in for warranty work?
Probably so. Not many people or companies stand behind their work or products anymore. Pretty sad!!

Ian Berger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
When you say Fuel System Failure, specifically what happened? Were you driving and the truck shutdown? Were you trying to start in the morning for work? Did you fill DEF recently ? What Brand? Did you put diesel #2, B5 or B20 bio diesel? How many miles on your truck? Is it a 1500 V6 eco diesel or the V8? How many miles on your truck? Did any codes trigger like Throttle sensor Malfunction? I ask all these questions because I just had mine have an engine failure twice on a 2021 Ram Rebel Eco Diesel, both while driving with my family in the truck. The more detail the better to understand...

TFinch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2019 ram. I had the same problem. Check engine light came on 2 days later. The dealership replaced the fuel pump and so far no check engine light. I also took a picture of the code readings before taking it in.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
So the first dumbarse joins, posts, disappears...Then numero dos joins and answers a dead, two-month-old thread for his first post. Gotta love this place.