Fueling Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micbegls1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone ran into an issue with your truck not taking fuel on its own? Meaning i have to hold the trigger on the pump to fuel up my truck, as apposed to just setting the trigger to flow till its automatically full. Im from NJ so we dont pump our own gas, but i end up getting out and doing it myself so i can hold it because its not right to make the attendant hold it just because my truck is acting up. Very Very VERY rarely does it go automatically, and when it does its after 2-3 tries reposition the nozzle.

Anyone run into anything on this ?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you always buy you're gas at the same place? I've had this happen before, not on my ram but other vehicles. If it's a continual problem it's probably you're vent tube being blocked. If it's just a one off deal at one station I'd say their pressure at the pump is too high wanting to pump the gas too fast.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
micbegls1

micbegls1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you always buy you're gas at the same place? I've had this happen before, not on my ram but other vehicles. If it's a continual problem it's probably you're vent tube being blocked. If it's just a one off deal at one station I'd say their pressure at the pump is too high wanting to pump the gas too fast.

Normally i get it at the same station, since i live down the block from a sunoco. But since it started happeing( @ about 3500 miles, currently at 6000) ive been trying different stations. Happens everywhere.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Could be a clogged or partially clogged fuel vent. Let the dealer fix it.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Normally i get it at the same station, since i live down the block from a sunoco. But since it started happeing( @ about 3500 miles, currently at 6000) ive been trying different stations. Happens everywhere.
Have you guys got those funky assed boots on you're fuel nozzles that are to cut down on the fumes? I don't know how those are supposed to work but that could be an issue.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you guys got those funky assed boots on you're fuel nozzles that are to cut down on the fumes? I don't know how those are supposed to work but that could be an issue.

Yes we do, but in jersey we don't pump our own gas.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone ran into an issue with your truck not taking fuel on its own? Meaning i have to hold the trigger on the pump to fuel up my truck, as apposed to just setting the trigger to flow till its automatically full. Im from NJ so we dont pump our own gas, but i end up getting out and doing it myself so i can hold it because its not right to make the attendant hold it just because my truck is acting up. Very Very VERY rarely does it go automatically, and when it does its after 2-3 tries reposition the nozzle.

Anyone run into anything on this ?
Yep...started a thread myself on the same thing this week. @MADDOG any chance you can merge the threads?

skyline090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only have had problems at one station where it not only has problems pumping, but it's a PITA to remove the nozzle after. It's very strange.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

travis0807

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Either the flow rate of the gas pump nozzle is to fast. Or the canister assembly and or vent filter and solenoid that controls vent . Could be restricted or inoperative . When this happens the fuel system can't breath properly in a sense . So the fuel backs back up the fuel filler neck and kicks the gas pump off . May or may not cause a check engine light . Usually a check engine light will set if its an electronic failure or outside the test parameters of the vehicle evaporative emissions system

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd certainly merge threads if necessary but which two threads are you referring to?