Full Throttle Suspension (FTS) Lift Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice , hope it serves you well Sir !

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Center bolt to center bolt for the crossmember is 6". The differential drop bracket center bolt to center bolt is 4.5"

So truly it's only a 6" lift then. That actually surprises me as I had assumed that it would be at least 7" or 7.5" to accommodate the full 8" lift.

With that being the case I'd probably recommend leaving the Bilsteins at 2.1". With the differential drop only being 4.5" and being at a total of 8.8" of suspension lift (provided the strut spacer is a full 6") the CV shafts would be angled down over 4". Definitely more than I'd want to push them.
Plus, the truck looks like it's sitting great with them at 2.1" from your last picture.

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is how she currently looks!

IMG_0435.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0384.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0386.jpg[/URL]

One of the best looking trucks on here! What offset are your wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sheengon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the wheels! Did you buy them local or online?

The shop that installed the lift ordered everything. Not sure where they ordered the wheels from. Back then, it was the only set of 22X14s in the US. Wheels look way better in person.

maxh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks wicked - props man. Any cutting to get that FTS kit in?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks wicked - props man. Any cutting to get that FTS kit in?

I'm sure the front, rear cross member brackets would need to be cut off to allow clearance for the front differential to drop just like any other lift kit on a 1500. Shouldn't be any more cutting involved than that though.

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful Truck Sheengon. I have had the same debate for a while now. My debate was between FTS and Wicked Customs. I ended up going with Wicked Customs because they build a true 8" lift instead of the 6 that FTS does. I am scheduled to get mine in May. I haven't decided if I should go with the 3 inch body or not yet. How does yours handle/ride? Are you going to go with bigger tires instead of the 37s since you did the 3 inch body?

Love the truck...

OP
OP
S

Sheengon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure the front, rear cross member brackets would need to be cut off to allow clearance for the front differential to drop just like any other lift kit on a 1500. Shouldn't be any more cutting involved than that though.

x2^^

OP
OP
S

Sheengon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful Truck Sheengon. I have had the same debate for a while now. My debate was between FTS and Wicked Customs. I ended up going with Wicked Customs because they build a true 8" lift instead of the 6 that FTS does. I am scheduled to get mine in May. I haven't decided if I should go with the 3 inch body or not yet. How does yours handle/ride? Are you going to go with bigger tires instead of the 37s since you did the 3 inch body?

Love the truck...

Thanks man. If I would have known that the FTS wasn't a true 8" lift, I would have gone a different route. Maybe a BDS with Fox 2.5" coil-over lift kit. As for the ride and handling, when the Bilsteins were set at 0.7", it rode much better than stock. Ride was very smooth with very little to no tracking but I didn’t like the rake. After the Bilsteins were set to 2.1", the ride was noticeably more stiff/bouncy with increased tracking. CV angles were maxed out at this point but I managed to get a full 8" in the front and leveled stance. Just last week, I upgraded the UCAs with the Zone UCAs. This upgrade seemed to improve ride and handling since it’s not as stiff with very little tracking. I also had my differential drop brackets customized to allow an extra 2” drop and get rid of that nasty CV angle. Front differential drop is now about 6.5” (haven’t measured yet) and angles look pretty good. I’m planning on keeping the 37s although I would have liked 38s instead. Maybe later. Next on the list is upgrading the sound system.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What gears do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

maxh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have measurements yet. Planning on making them soon. It rides better than stock. The shop owner that did the suspension install was so impressed with how smooth it rides he wanted to keep on driving after the first test ride. Even after the suspension re-torqueing, he just couldn't believe how awesome the ride on this rig is given how tall it is with 37s and 14" wide wheels. Total price for lift and install was $2500. FTS uses the stock shocks but I decided to go with the Bilstein 5100 for another $370. FTS offers 2.0 reservoir shocks but were too pricey. They are currently working on their own coil over design but I'm not sure if they are released yet. FTS is also currently working on designing a 10" lift for 4th gen 1500s.

What rear shock did you use? Part number?
Thanks

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for about 9-10" of lift with the same setup as you - 22x14s and 37s. My question is what is the advantage of getting the FTS 8" with my bilsteins over let's say just a 6 inch zone with maxed bilsteins? I'm trying to go an affordable route while still using a quality setup.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking for about 9-10" of lift with the same setup as you - 22x14s and 37s. My question is what is the advantage of getting the FTS 8" with my bilsteins over let's say just a 6 inch zone with maxed bilsteins? I'm trying to go an affordable route while still using a quality setup.

I would ask someone with a 6" Zone kit to measure the distance between the bolt holes on the front cross member drops to see what it is (true 6" or not) and how long the steering knuckles are. A Zone 6" kit by itself actually provides 5.5" of lift. So it wouldn't surprise me if their drop brackets were only 5" or 5.5" of drop and same with the increase in length of the steering knuckles. If that's the case, the FTS kit will handle maxed Bilsteins better than a Zone kit will.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good information. .. I like the way you think Sir

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would ask someone with a 6" Zone kit to measure the distance between the bolt holes on the front cross member drops to see what it is (true 6" or not) and how long the steering knuckles are. A Zone 6" kit by itself actually provides 5.5" of lift. So it wouldn't surprise me if their drop brackets were only 5" or 5.5" of drop and same with the increase in length of the steering knuckles. If that's the case, the FTS kit will handle maxed Bilsteins better than a Zone kit will.

Okay thanks for the info. I'll definitely have to look into the fts lift. Btw, OP, your truck looks great and is close to what my goal is.

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP, you said you paid $2500 for the lift and install.. Is the body lift included? On FTS's ****** website their price is $2,900, so is their price wrong or did you get a really good deal? At $2500 I'll definitely go with the fts but I'm confused how you got it and installed for that cheap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicholas17smith