Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IJW84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking for the fuse for fuel pump on my 2008 5.7. I can’t find it on the manual. Maybe there’s no fuse for it??
I just switched out a bad starter and now it will turn over but will still not start.
I was able to hear the pump prime while trying to start truck with the bad starter, now after switched out hear no pump pumping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
IJW84

IJW84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also what I did was push in the little pin in this part circled in the pic and turn the key to run and no fuel squirted out.
Should have gas squirted me in the eye if it was pumping fuel??d5b79e7c3972d5a2e09faa86e720f254.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Search TIPM . Vertical visions has a bypass for this issue hope this helps

Last edited:

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
For the '06 to '08s the fuel pump relay is stuck on the TIPM computer instead of being a removable relay--absolutely stupid design imo. As daw said there are bypasses out there if it is the relay that went bad. A bypass beats having to replace the whole TIPM lol

I had this same problem on mine--After I got a jumpstart (I spent too much time adjusting my new headlights with the key off lol) and drove home, it wouldn't start back up. I thought it was the fuel pump relay too, until we took a hammer to the fuel pump and the truck started for a split second. Fuel pump got replaced and everything has been perfect since.

I'd definitely check to see if power is getting sent that way (fuel pump power runs through a connector below the drivers front door I believe) before you go buy a new TIPM or one of those bypass harnesses, it might be the fuel pump