Galaxy/iPod/iPad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I bought the express which is pretty naked on the inside. I was looking to do a few upgrades to find a true middle ground between an ST and a sport. I'm going to go factory for the remote start and had been looking at MyGig radios with lockpick for a headunit. I had also posted some questions about an evic alternative. In doing all of this research I have found a number of people are bypassing all of this and installing apple/droid products as a receiver in the car. The one benefit to this is you can take it with you to a new vehicle, doesn't cost as much, doesn't interrupt any of the factory installed equipment. I have a couple questions, how is the GPS reception of these devices? Do they have to be on the windshield or dash or could I have it mounted below my radio and still pick up GPS? My thinking is a galaxy 5 or 7 could be used for the torque app, a wifi camera viewer, media player and gps system. I think it would be cumbersome but at the same time would be wireless. Thoughts, experiences? I do IT for a living so I would prefer a droid since it can be rooted and expanded. I could go full blown laptop if that would be appropriate. I could see a secnario where I would be using GPS to find a launch ramp while monitoring torque gauges and listening to music. That wouldn't be more than once or twice a year so I suppose a sacrifice could be made lol. Sorry for rambling, I just had hernia repair surgery and I'm high on pain pills :)

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I know a guy that just put a tablet in his 09 Ram. He had a complete new center console built with the tablet integrated but yet removable. It's probably too soon to know how he likes it but I know he did get android. He has it in addition to his double din radio though, docked (and barely resting) on his AC controls.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
fixed his link.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know a guy that just put a tablet in his 09 Ram. He had a complete new center console built with the tablet integrated but yet removable. It's probably too soon to know how he likes it but I know he did get android. He has it in addition to his double din radio though, docked (and barely resting) on his AC controls.

Annnnnnd you dont have pics because?????????

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sounds like a cool idea since it can be taken out.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Or boom

3iP23.jpg

xpst500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 4X4 QC SB BIG HORN
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont know why my links are messed up but thanks for fixing them. They were fine at my end.