Gas tank issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drebravos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L diesel
So I just bought a new 2021 ram 1500 3L eco diesel with the 33 gallon gas tank. The car has 1300 miles on it and now the gas tank only takes at most 22 gallons. Like on completely empty it stops filling around the 22 gallon mark. What is going on?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is the first post I've read about an ecodiesel having a fueling issue. There are plenty of complaints for the gas versions though. Are you sure you have the 33 gallon tank? Might want to first verify that on the build sheet. Just enter your VIN and click the search button.

I'd want a witness for the next fill up so I'd probably drive it until the gauge reads nearly empty, then take it in to the dealership and ask to have a tech to ride with you to fill it so they can see it happen. I live in a small town with a small town dealership so they are accommodating for that sort of thing. You may need to make an appointment for that if your dealership is always super busy.