Gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the only problem I find is after filling, the nozzle hangs up in the filler opening, have to fight it at times to get it removed.
I have had that issue as well, I would rather fight that, then dribbling gas into the tank to fill it up.

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello rcattell57,
Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. We are available to assist through private messages if needed.
Laura
RamCares
So my truck had the same issue. When talking to my service advisory, mine wasn't the first one at that dealership. And by looking at this thread, there are many like it. I think it is time to do a recall on the gas tank due to a bad breather pad/valve.

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have this issue, as well. However, mine is not under warranty any longer (it's a 2016). If this is such a widespread issue, why has it not become a recall? @RamCares care to shed some light on this?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have this issue, as well. However, mine is not under warranty any longer (it's a 2016). If this is such a widespread issue, why has it not become a recall? @RamCares care to shed some light on this?

Because they don't want to do anything for free .. hell even when they will do it they throw the biggest temper tantrums and make it an all day even or give you the run around of when to take it in to get it done ...

I am calling the dealership where I bought my truck tomorrow to make an appointment so they replace the tank and whatever else they need to do to fix this issue ..I am tired of spending 10-15 minutes to fill up my tank especially when it is cold outside, I can only imagine how it will be during the summer when it is over 100 outside trying to fill up ...

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Because they don't want to do anything for free .. hell even when they will do it they throw the biggest temper tantrums and make it an all day even or give you the run around of when to take it in to get it done ...

I am calling the dealership where I bought my truck tomorrow to make an appointment so they replace the tank and whatever else they need to do to fix this issue ..I am tired of spending 10-15 minutes to fill up my tank especially when it is cold outside, I can only imagine how it will be during the summer when it is over 100 outside trying to fill up ...

Thanks for tagging us in this. Do know, our team is not mechanically trained, so we cannot speculate on this concern. That said, we're still happy to provide assistance while working with the dealer, just send us a private message.

Kate
RamCares

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
this has been an issue forever, there are many on here with the problem. Search Fuel tank issues and you'll find them. FCA has a replacement filler neck that is supposed to help, doubt replacing the tank will help. I've simply given up and figured out if I just hang it there without pushing in all the way it fills just fine.

Last edited:

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for tagging us in this. Do know, our team is not mechanically trained, so we cannot speculate on this concern. That said, we're still happy to provide assistance while working with the dealer, just send us a private message.

Kate
RamCares

However, if this is a widespread issue, Ram will have to get involved, or it's all on my dime.