Gen 4 sport hood with dual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wondering if anyone knows of a gen 4 sport hood (with the 2 scoops) anywhere in Dominico Red.
Would like to convert on the cheap without painting.

Regular hood I have is 99.5% perfect, but the non sport.

Thanx in advance.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my experience with the sport hoods, it's not likely to find a used one in good shape for a fair price. Even less likely to find one the same color. If you're set on a sport hood, probably best (in the long run) to order a new one and have it painted. If you go with an Amerihood or other brand fiberglass one, have a bodyshop do all the fitment adjustments before paint. It's a dice roll as to how bad it fits right out of the box. Some have bad panel alignment, others are so wavy you could surf them.

OP
OP
04fxdwgi

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanx for the feedback. Not even considering an afterrnarket glass or plastic hood - OEM only.

Yeah, I get it. Very, very low odds of finding one, but if one doesn't ask, then odds are about zero.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Wondering if anyone knows of a gen 4 sport hood (with the 2 scoops) anywhere in Dominico Red.
Check any local salvage yards and also: www.car-part.com

If I remember correctly the sport hoods are skinned in steel, the regular hood is aluminum.