Getting an appointment for dealer service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anybody having trouble getting your truck into the dealer for service. Last month I called for an appointment for recall work, I was told the earliest I could get in was June. I called today with a Nav problem I was told the end of July. REALLY? This sucks!

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It seems to vary A LOT from dealer to dealer. My metro area has +/- 8 and I can usually find one to take me within a few days or a week. I have a favorite just because it's closest and I've dealt with them the most but they can be the hardest to get into. The online scheduling thing is also all over the map. When it works it's great but some dealers just never have appointments available in any of the searchable calendar months so I figure they just have it turned off. Calling is equally frustrating. Some dealers just NEVER answer their phones and don't return calls. Wish I could run my business that way.

I guess my advice is to call around to other dealers in your area.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
If you are having warranty or recall work preformed there is an alternative of approved service centers that are licensed to preform factory service repairs and recalls sometimes referred to as independent repair shops.
They are mostly factory trained technicians that opened their own shops because they didn’t like the dealership hustle or wage.
They use genuine factory parts and have access to factory service manuals.
Their prices are competitive and won’t over charge clients and service and specialize in usually more than one make of vehicle.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I haven’t heard that of RAM (yet) but I’ve heard that of other makes, notably Subaru. Sounds crazy since service is the bread and butter for most dealerships. I wonder what is going on as newer cars/trucks are typically more trouble free than in the past. Lack of service techs? Complementary service business with new sales? People hanging on to older vehicles longer due to the cost of new ones and needing repairs?

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have seen this with other dealerships also, not just with Ram. I know it was years ago if you take it to the dealer that you bought it from they usually will work to get you in sooner. I don't know how much loyalty there is today with dealerships though.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is anybody having trouble getting your truck into the dealer for service. Last month I called for an appointment for recall work, I was told the earliest I could get in was June. I called today with a Nav problem I was told the end of July. REALLY? This sucks!

Many Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge dealers are capable of working on Ram trucks. All warranty work I’ve had done was at a Jeep dealer. The techs are trained on most of the engines, powertrains and electronics across CJDR lines. It would seem that a Nav issue could be resolved at any CDJR dealership.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I think it really boils down to where you live. Around me I have two dealerships, within 30 miles. I have gone to both for warranty, amd recall work. Averages about one week to get in. The NAV issue is most likely your radios software. My radio wasnt over the air updating, and they had to manually upgrade the software. I had this issue once too.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Yep. I had to take mine in for an electrical issue and the dealership I bought it from said they couldn't get to it for 2-3 weeks. I called the other Ram dealership on the other side of town and they got me in within a week. Also, even though the truck is still under warranty, they said they didn't have any service vehicles available for months.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Interesting - I have a small "ooze" leak from my rear main seal that I am going to need to make an appointment to get fixed in the near future. If the dealership tells me that they can't get to me for 2+ months and in the meantime the ooze gets worse and the engine freezes up for lack of oil, I guess they'll have to replace the engine.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Tell them you are also interested in buying new and trading in the old!

No problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Many dealers in my area to choose from but have found 2 close by that are pretty accomodating.
Usually I can get service from one of the other within a couple of days. Big markets have more
choices so I hope you can take advantage. If you're in a smaller market with only 1 dealer then
my suggestion would be to try to develop a good relationship with the dealer. If you purchased your vehicle from that store often times you may be able to get some help from either your salesman or the sales manager. If the service dept can't keep you happy then there is no reason to continue purchasing vehicles from them.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
By me the one good dealership around is sometimes a month wait. Funny that after pre planning a oil change for a month they put the wrong oil in my truck. Service manager loved seeing me come to the desk as soon as he was about to take a bite of his lunch lol. Read the receipts!!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in a small market and it took about a month to get into my local dealership, then my truck sat untouched for about a week each time. Both times it went were for a burned up headlight harness using standard halogen bulbs, and were warranty work.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted/commented on my wait time awhile back(more than a 6 months easy id say)for service..I waited 3 weeks...dealer here has a several of the makers with separate lots and service buildings for each.....wife's Toyota gets in within a day or 2 every time she calls(oil change)when I can't get to it.
I think it has more to do with what kind of service is needed..
My case TIPM troubleshoot,said 2-3 weeks,called the next day to check my theory on this,told them oil change and whio i was,they said 2 days.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
By me the one good dealership around is sometimes a month wait. Funny that after pre planning a oil change for a month they put the wrong oil in my truck.

Do the receipts list the type and weight of oil used? If so, you're lucky.

The stealership I have been using just lists a Mopar #. When I asked why, they said it's been that way for years because of customers complaining about the wrong grade being used. duh

I'm shopping for a new dealer.

WSeanMac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
every time i try to book online they call me back and say they cant to that date (that showed available) and push it out 2 weeks.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Do the receipts list the type and weight of oil used? If so, you're lucky.

The stealership I have been using just lists a Mopar #. When I asked why, they said it's been that way for years because of customers complaining about the wrong grade being used. duh

I'm shopping for a new dealer.

Attachments

• 20EF4497-5AFC-473F-A9FF-37B913C315D8.png
    20EF4497-5AFC-473F-A9FF-37B913C315D8.png
    839.1 KB · Views: 8

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hay Busch Man, doesn't your manual call for 5w20w my 2019 calls for that but a use 5w30w, are they doing the free oil changes?

skates15

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I had warranty work replacing drivers seatbelt harness, the whole thing. The appointment was a week away, which was nice and I went in to make the appointment, I did not call or use their app, no luck with those methods.

I also use an independent shop, depending on the need.

Good luck.