Getting Snow Off Without Harming Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s my first winter with this truck. It’s got dark paint. My last truck had white paint which really didn’t show swirl marks or scratches.

I work very hard to keep my truck in great condition by using foam cannon and leaf blower to wash and dry it, and I spray on ceramic coating on the reg. I REALLY don’t like touching the paint at all and the results are amazing...

Now we have our first snow in the forecast and I’m asking how to clear it off without getting micro-scratches and swirl marks on it. It’s been super rainy the last couple of weeks so it’s fairly dirty for my standards at this point, which doesn’t help.

Let’s say we are dealing with 8” Of snow.

Thanks!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It’s my first winter with this truck. It’s got dark paint. My last truck had white paint which really didn’t show swirl marks or scratches.

I work very hard to keep my truck in great condition by using foam cannon and leaf blower to wash and dry it, and I spray on ceramic coating on the reg. I REALLY don’t like touching the paint at all and the results are amazing...

Now we have our first snow in the forecast and I’m asking how to clear it off without getting micro-scratches and swirl marks on it. It’s been super rainy the last couple of weeks so it’s fairly dirty for my standards at this point, which doesn’t help.

Let’s say we are dealing with 8” Of snow.

Thanks!

If you guys get 8" of snow,you're not going anywhere anyways,Victoria will come to a complete standstill with 8" of snow,lol

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Woke up to a fresh foot of overnight snow. Turns out that does shut our city down! Schools all closed.

The blower did a great job getting me into the truck, and after an hour With the shovel, I had the driveway clear. (Massive driveway)

Thanks for the tips!

Couple additional things:
I also put the wipers up last night so they wouldn’t freeze to the windshield.
Another tip during snow season is keep extra washer fluid in the truck.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Woke up to a fresh foot of overnight snow. Turns out that does shut our city down! Schools all closed.

The blower did a great job getting me into the truck, and after an hour With the shovel, I had the driveway clear. (Massive driveway)

Thanks for the tips!

Couple additional things:
I also put the wipers up last night so they wouldn’t freeze to the windshield.
Another tip during snow season is keep extra washer fluid in the truck.

You guys made our news over here in Calgary tonight,made me kind of laugh,if it wasn't so damn cold here,i would of laughed harder,lol

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great question! I'd be scared to "brush" the paint. Last time I saw one of those brushes they weren't very "soft" and I think would leave small scratches. I like the blower idea and then let the rest melt naturally. I think if you can do anything that doesn't involve rubbing or brushing the paint you shouldn't have any problems with scratches. I like your idea of raising the wiper blades off the windshield to prevent them from freezing on the window.
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's the best plan if your lucky enough to have a garage or shed
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
View attachment 192326
That is true. Grateful I wasn't this guy and many others around here right now
"I could've sworn I parked my car here..."

You guys got hit hard,the east coast has made our nightly news over here in Alberta for a few days now.Feel for you guys ,and it's gonna be bad once it starts to melt.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys got hit hard,the east coast has made our nightly news over here in Alberta for a few days now.Feel for you guys ,and it's gonna be bad once it starts to melt.

I think we've been makin the news all over, it's pretty nuts. Cabin fever setting in, almost makes me miss the cold out west instead (GP), lol