Glad to be here...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirGordon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
Hello everyone. Just picked up a 1989 D150 in early May of this year and have already starting working on it. It's a truck that I plan to drive for years to come. Feels good to have joined such a great community. I hope that I'm able to find answers to questions I have and be able to help others along the way too!

Cheers!

MPC21458 - BW.jpg

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Welcome and what exactly have you started working in and what’s your end game with it ? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AirGordon

AirGordon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
@DRkNESS, I got started on replacing all the ball joints and I have to say it hasn't been a good start, but I'll get it sorted.

Driver side upper was welded to the control arm. Ground the welds off and used the 2-9/64" special socket to remove it. The threads are super shallow and I was told that it's normal by a contact at Rare Parts. Unfortunately the replacement ball joints just fall right in the hole... no grip whatsoever. Passenger side was not welded but the same thing happens with the replacement... just falls right in. The bottoms are press in and I don't think I'll be having problems with those.

SO, I'm going to be replacing the upper control arms, I think I found a good brand new set but I'm waiting to have some questions answered.

The goal is to make sure all the mechanical is where I want it to be, then get rid of the body rust, keep it looking mostly stock, but adding a bit more muscle to it performance and looks wise.

The engine runs great and the interior is well kept. I plan to drive it often! Found it for $1200 CAD :)

Your RAM looks sweet in that pic!

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum, I owned a similar truck to yours, That 318 cid was and is a tough Engine and ran great, we have a great wealth of knowledge here so you're in good company.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Welcome to the club! Those old trucks are beasts for sure.

OP
OP
AirGordon

AirGordon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8