Global down / global up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
So I enabled global down on my 2014 RT RCSB and it works great. I also enabled global up, but either it does not work or I'm not doing it correctly

Anyone have any ideas?

14Sport1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think that is allowed due to the injuries it would or could cause. No harm when remotely putting windows down however not being able to see any possible obstructions could be a different situation. IMO

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most, if not all, vehicles monitor the amp draw on the windows as a safety feature and will automatically reverse. I don't see why the global up doesn't work, it sure would be nice.

Either way, it doesn't work on any platform that I've found.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently turned off Global Down because I came out one morning to go to work and found both front windows halfway down. The night before I had my key fob in my pocket while working under the kitchen sink and the button must have gotten pressed in my pocket.

Thankfully it didn't rain that night but I just didn't want to take any chances so I turned it off. Just throwing this out there.....

OP
OP
Bigskyroadglide

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Appreciate the response, truck is always garaged, never is outside. Except at work but will take that into consideration

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently turned off Global Down because I came out one morning to go to work and found both front windows halfway down. The night before I had my key fob in my pocket while working under the kitchen sink and the button must have gotten pressed in my pocket.

Thankfully it didn't rain that night but I just didn't want to take any chances so I turned it off. Just throwing this out there.....
This is the only reason I haven’t done this yet. I couldn’t tell you the amount of times I’ve set off the panic alarm or locked/unlocked my doors on accident with my keys in my pocket.

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is the only reason I haven’t done this yet. I couldn’t tell you the amount of times I’ve set off the panic alarm or locked/unlocked my doors on accident with my keys in my pocket.
I'm going to make a suggestion that may help these guys. Separate your house and vehicle keys and put each set of keys on carabiner. This allows rapid access to the keys and keeps the keys out of your pockets so accidental presses do not occur. I hook them to belt loops, my house keys up front and my vehicle keys on the right side.

Attachments

• 20210821_113827.jpg
    20210821_113827.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also can only get the global windows down to work. As a last ditch effort to make the global up work, I changed the "Window Motor Hall Sensors Present" setting and the "Window Motor Type" setting, but still no luck. I suspect you must have the sensors installed for global up to work.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 11 had the down feature but not up. That would've been totally awesome if they went up as I used it for putting them down all the time. My new 21 doesnt even have the down which totally sucks

AustriaRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,
Is there already a solution to the Global Windows Up problem? It would be great if you could close the windows including the sunroof with the KeyFob (e.g. when it starts to rain).
Many Thanks

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most, if not all, vehicles monitor the amp draw on the windows as a safety feature and will automatically reverse. I don't see why the global up doesn't work, it sure would be nice.

Either way, it doesn't work on any platform that I've found.
Most "newer" vehicles. My '09 Civic did NOT. And I even think the '14 Frontier I had at a previous job (work truck) didn't. Nor did the '19 NV2000 I had to drive occasionally for a different previous job I don't think.

AustriaRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
:eek: My Volkswagen Golf IV already had this feature back in 1999...
I really do not understand what the problem would be with this feature:rolleyes:

kstill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I programmed my global windows down. It works with my key fob, but my windows keep stopping. They will go down about an inch, then I have to perform the sequence again and they will go half way and stop... they will eventually make it to three inches from the bottom. Is anyone else having this problem?