glove box light install ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
After reading a few threads on the glove box light and under hood light , I am going to order them !
The question is there a trick to remove the blank plug in the glove box ?I know there is a clip on top of the plug, what have you used to pop it out ? I do not want to use a metal screwdriver. Can I just pry on the cover with a plastic pry bar and not break anything ? Sorry for the dumb question on a easy mod

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
Okay. I just stepped out to look at MY glovebox because I too would like to have this “upgrade”. Plug comes out EZPZ but where is the wiring harness? taped inside the dash somewhere? Shined a light in the hole and didn’t see it.

Thanks.

Norm

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
On my 2015 SLT it was behind the plug ! It has a cap on it as well ! You should be able to see it if they did not remove it in 2018 models !

Last edited:

KA1OTE

Ram Ham
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Can anyone tell me what size LED to buy for my 2012?
I actually started this swap last summer but I didn't have an LED bulb to put in.. then I moved.. into a rental with no garage (ugh!).. and this mod has just been dangling (literally) ever since with no bulb.
Found this thread and finally remembered this little project that still needs my attention. Just need to know which LED to get lol!

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a T10. I just installed the upper glove box and swapped out the OEM halogen.

T10.jpg