Goodyear/Fierce Attitude tire review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Hello group...hope I have this in the correct spot. I purchased (4) 285/60R20 Fierce Attitude(Fierce is a Goodyear brand) tires from Goodyear.com. Goodyear provided a list of authorized installers to pick from, so I picked my local Goodyear factory dealer in Largo, Fl. I was installing these tires on Fuel wheels, 20x9, +1, 8x6.5 on my 2018 Ram 2500. I scheduled an appointment for 8am on a Wednesday, but recieved a call from the store manager asking to reschedule for later and we both agreed 10am would work well.

I brought them the wheels...I didn't want them mounting the wheels on my truck. I do this because as many of you know the trained techs don't mount tires, the tire kids do, and most of them are about one step out of a Burger King drive-thru. I didn't want my new wheels damaged, my stud threads stressed or my rotors warped because they don't know what toque wrench is.

So, after waiting three hours and listening to them struggle to try and bead the tires....being told, "We put them out in the sun to heat them up, we're getting out the Cheata, etc" they informed me that they were loading them into their truck and taking them down the road to the Goodyear Heavy Truck center.

After returning with the tires mounted on the wheels, I then watched them balance the tires...and chase the weights. After they finished, the store manager loaded them into the back of my truck. I didn't say anything, because I was too pissed off at that point. I took them home, mounted them on the truck, and drove it. My suspicions were confirmed.

This thing shook so bad at 70mph, I didn't want to be in it. Two of the four wheels had almost a pound of weight on them, and the weights were mounted on opposing sides of the wheels. So, I took it to a dealer, where a tech friend of mine works. He looked at the existing weight configuration and laughed so hard he about **** himself. He then proceeded to use a roadforce balancer on them. After adjusting the tire position on the wheels, he managed to get one roadforce number down to 13, but the rest were all over forty. This is due to the obviously visible runout these tires have.

He then balanced the wheels, with none of them requiring over 4oz of weight. He told me to drive it for a few hundred miles and then reassess the runout situation.

Result is this: You can feel the runout in lower speeds....a slight shake, nothing serious. At 70mph? Smooth as glass.

So to sum up....Goodyear directed me to one of their corporate auto centers that was improperly equipped to do the job with tire techs improperly trained to do the job, on tires that seem to have excessive runout...But not unexpected on large truck tires.

The runout I can deal with....no big deal. The service? Never again Goodyear. Thanks for charging me $16 per for something you can properly do. Never again.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to sound like a DB, but I believe the fact FCA puts cheap GY RSA’s on our truck at the Factory is why we all are a little weary and stray away from GY’s and run Coopers, BFG, Nittos or other/better HD or light truck tires on our rigs. I’m sorry to hear about the other issues, but service and experience and expertise are going the way of the dinosaurs my friend.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
One thing that I haven't considered until my last tire purchase. Which lots of people don't discuss is the shape and balance of the tires. No complaints from my michelin. They are not that much more expensive than other quality brands. Especially when you factor in the time that may be wasted in doing things twice.

OP
OP
Scottly

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
One thing that I haven't considered until my last tire purchase. Which lots of people don't discuss is the shape and balance of the tires. No complaints from my michelin. They are not that much more expensive than other quality brands. Especially when you factor in the time that may be wasted in doing things twice.

It's my $.02 that you can't buy a better tire than a Michelin. However, the only thing they had in a 285 or 295 60/r20 was the Defender. Not a M/T, which is what I wanted. Sucks, but my other choices were many, and I had good luck with Fierce on previous purchases.