Got Krown'd today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hemihustlin

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
it went great! took a good two or 3 hours and almost 2 litres of product but i took my time and really tried to do a complete job as possible. i also lost a bunch of time rummaging around for a 90° piece to plug my regulator on because straight it prevented me from sitting the gun down on the bottle like its supposed to

the L shaped wand was the best, it was really easy to get into all the nooks and crannies, all the holes in the frame and body and it was good for painting big surfaces like the diff and everything really
the other was like a mister, i dropped it in a few places like in the box sides but i preferred working with the wand

doing the top side was easy, the hood its full of holes easy to get everywhere. the krown place that has previously done this drilled all the necessary holes with nice caps i just followed their holes with few factory plugs i found i shot in all of them
bottom side i jacked the truck on Jackstands and rolled around on a slider. not the best for the neck but gets the job done. sprayed the whole frame.and any metal surface i could see and the ones i don't i sprayed there too lol

washed the truck after and will be washing frequently for the next few weeks as the product works its way around everywhere

was suprised to see there is a bunch of poly foam in the rockers, must be for noise absorbing, no wonder they rot there first when not treated
i also believe these trucks are made to be rustproofed, even with out the drilled holes there are enough factory holes everywhere to get the job done. extra holes just makes it easier.
i took off all the bottom door weather stripping and conveniently the 8 or so holes for fixing the stripping became product entry holes haha

overall if you are someone that likes to work on their own vehicles you will love this. i probably went a lil overboard but hey next time ill use less

Attachments

• IMG_20230917_191217.jpg
    IMG_20230917_191217.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230917_191224.jpg
    IMG_20230917_191224.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 4

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
2018 that gets krowned every year. Live in South Ontario where salt always comes in a snow or water soup that gets everywhere. Yeah it's a few sheckles but then whats the cost of a new truck?
Seriosly the pic says it all at how well rustproofing will help keep your truck looking new.

Attachments

• IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 6

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have to get my set up to be sprayed again ! Maine roads get sprayed with that liquid salt crap and it gets everywhere and eats everything :O