Got my Carbon Creations MPR hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
765 + 135 Shipping. The guy gave me a discount by phone!

So does anybody know an alternative way for my windshield wiper jets to work again? I've heard about changing to the GM wiper arms so they attach to the wipers them self.

That would be the only thing I would do. I would not want to drill through my new $800 hood. I don't even use mine anyways.

BTW, hood looks sic man.

The question is did you buy it for weight reduction, or to have a carbon fiber hood. If for weight reduction, paint it. If you bought it to have resin as deep as the ocean to show off your weave (until it yellows of course) then leave it raw.

If it were mine, I'd paint it, immediately. Raw carbon hoods belong on $200K supercars and $2000 **** box ricers.

You mad bro?

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice.

Paint it or the resin will turn yellowish on you. UV is a biotch.

NorthTexasHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Depends do you want the world to know you have a carbon fiber hood. Or do want to keep it secret. :)

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe get a UV protectant clear coat put over it. Looks like it already has a clear coat, but maybe a local paint shop could do something better?

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't paint if a UV clear of some kind is an option. We're nozel holes an option from the manufacturer? He might have some insight or directions on how to install.

OP
OP
W

Warl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe get a UV protectant clear coat put over it. Looks like it already has a clear coat, but maybe a local paint shop could do something better?

Per the website it does say that it was coated finished with a premium clear coat for uv protection so hopefully I'm good there.

I didn't get the hood because it was carbon fiber. I got it because it was already "painted" and was a hell of a lot cheaper than anything else since it was on sale with good reviews. Plus with the option of being able to paint over it if I wanted a matching finish but the carbon fiber is starting to grow on me so I'll keep as is for now on.

Also I can install those GM wiper arms as easy as OEM?

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
even if it turns yellow, you can still polish it up and get rid of it...we just did my buddy's wing for his 330i track car (road course car, not a "$2000" ricer), it was disgusting how yellow and dull it was. Little elbow grease and it looked brand new, saved him $1200 on a new upper portion of the wing.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also I can install those GM wiper arms as easy as OEM?

You would have see what size the studs ram's are compared to GM. Most seem to mount the same way. So I don't see a issue with them swapping over. Just need to make sure the wiper arm hole is the right size.

Then its a mater of running the water lines.

This gives me a idea though about doing it also. I hate hood sprayers, my Grand Prix has the ones built into the wiper arms and it's so much nicer.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would paint the hood, but leave the raised cowl and scoops in carbon fiber. It would blend better with the truck while still adding a bit of flare.

Out of curiosity, was there a measureable weight difference between this hood and the stock one?

OP
OP
W

Warl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would paint the hood, but leave the raised cowl and scoops in carbon fiber. It would blend better with the truck while still adding a bit of flare.

Out of curiosity, was there a measureable weight difference between this hood and the stock one?

Definitely. I did the install myself and I wouldn't have felt confident to put the CF hood on by myself if it weighed the same as the factory hood.

The face I made when I unscrewed that last bolt from the factory hood was funny. I'm glad I had long enough arms to reach both ends of the hood to lift it up at an awkward angle. I'd really recommend two people installing the hood. What I did was probably stupid.

I'm not sure if I should worry but the hood does lift up a bit at the front at interstate speeds. I believe it is because there is no rubber seal in the front. I might get some and glue it on so wind doesn't catch under the hood, or should I keep it like that?

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
damn ohiogrown is always negative, carbon can go on whatever you want.

Id leave it alone and if you want washers drill holes if you don't the GM whispers would be dope. my old work truck was a GM and its pretty trick.

if it starts to yellow in 20 yrs from now paint it not going to happen while you own it

I wasn't being negative, sorry if it came off that way. I literally said if the OP bought it for the carbon look, leave it, if it was for weight reduction, paint it.

Anyhow, I like Hemi450s idea of leaving the cowl and scoops raw and paint the outer. Same affect As some of the vinyl you see but way cooler. So I've changed my opinion, now I support a hybrid concept. Haha

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely. I did the install myself and I wouldn't have felt confident to put the CF hood on by myself if it weighed the same as the factory hood.

The face I made when I unscrewed that last bolt from the factory hood was funny. I'm glad I had long enough arms to reach both ends of the hood to lift it up at an awkward angle. I'd really recommend two people installing the hood. What I did was probably stupid.

I'm not sure if I should worry but the hood does lift up a bit at the front at interstate speeds. I believe it is because there is no rubber seal in the front. I might get some and glue it on so wind doesn't catch under the hood, or should I keep it like that?

You need to adjust your latch on the hood and probably the rubber stoppers.

I had to do the same with my hood on my GTP

Doc1609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This was exactly what I was looking at on mine and your pics sold me! Don't paint it, it looks awesome. Does it have holes for the sprayers or nothing at all?

OP
OP
W

Warl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This was exactly what I was looking at on mine and your pics sold me! Don't paint it, it looks awesome. Does it have holes for the sprayers or nothing at all?

Nothing at all. No OEM placements like for the insulation. But who needs that right? Hah.

The packaging was a ***** to get through though. Took longer than the install and adjusting. Layers and layers of packaging styrofoam and the tape over everything. But it brings comfort in knowing nothing was damaged.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Can you post a pic of the underside of the hood?

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No way to cut in holes for the washer jets?

Good god don't do that!
That is one of the worst things about our trucks the wiper jets being in the freaking hood
And the antenna being in the fender