governor removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
It concerns me as well. My father was an engineer. One day when I was a pimple faced adolescent living at home, he overheard a conversation I was having with one of my buddies where I was telling my friend about going 105 MPH on the freeway in my 1963 Impala. Dad said nothing until the next evening.... he told me he had heard me tell about going that fast in that old car... Dad had plugged data about that car into a computer at his work (IBM), and told me that my car at that speed weighed only 3 pounds on each wheel (net downforce). I never drove it that fast again.
Your Dad was BSing you. Sounds like it worked, but this claim is not physically possible. Much more down-force would be needed to have enough traction to overcome wind resistance to maintain that speed.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your Dad was BSing you. Sounds like it worked, but this claim is not physically possible. Much more down-force would be needed to have enough traction to overcome wind resistance to maintain that speed.

No ****! I was convinced of that due to the fact that, at that age, Dad's a kind of hero, male role model whom I looked up to. I realized a few months later he was full of bull.... I also knew that he loved me!

There were many bits of data he had no access to which would have been required to make such a declaration accurately. I think he was smart enough to understand the teen psyche. I used a form of adolescent psyche later when raising 3 myself. It avoided many knock down-drag outs!