Greetings from Ram Cares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Drag Link Safety Recall - Kit Authorization.. How do I get Ram Cares to authorize my dealer to install the recall kit? I do not want them to weld the nuts. I have loctite and torque-striped the nuts so I can see if they move. But I want to get it fixed and signed off once and for all. I've got a 2018 3500 CTD CCLB and purchased the extended warranty
It’s been years but I bought the new drag myself and installed it on my 2017 2500. The part number is 38338342AB. Back then, I paid just under $100 for the part and now that part is over $300…Yikes! And I submitted the required paperwork back then and was fully reimbursed by Ram. Good Luck!

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
@RamCares:

Huh. Wondering how this system works. You're clearly here. You can't be mute. I'm sure you're not blind (but the person who put the paint on my vehicle clearly was).

I'm pretty amazed, actually. You skirt responsibility more so than the Justin, the GM at Caldwell Dodge, where me and my family have been patrons since 1990.

Now I know where he learned it from!
As I stated in other threads ... @RamCares doesn't care at all.

Yet ... the person who is in this job, can't help us. They're handcuffed from Management - they don't understand the problems, nor comprehend the impact it has on the user.

Their only job is to "publicly" tell us about updates (only for the newest version, never for last weeks version with all the problems), offer us a solution so they can advertise how well they're connected to their user base, which is what they're instructed to do and told "is" the answer, but the person(s) who respond on these forums have never followed the problem through the entire process till it found the solution they were told would happen for the client.
If they did, they'd realize there is a massive failure in the "Pass It To The Next Department And They'll Remedy It" ... it would be too disturbing. And as we see time and time again, the person that announces they're now in the "Social Interaction Chair" never seems to last all that long before a new person takes their place.
I'm certain it's because they realize (consciously or unconsciously) that none of the problems ever get fixed for the client after getting beat up about it over and over again in these threads.

@RamCares is a joke.

Hope they never log back in ... it'll keep our expectations low - and we can't get hurt if they don't give us any expectations for solutions and remedies that never, ever work! :emotions122:

:gr_grin:

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
@RamCares:

Huh. Wondering how this system works. You're clearly here. You can't be mute. I'm sure you're not blind (but the person who put the paint on my vehicle clearly was).

I'm pretty amazed, actually. You skirt responsibility more so than the Justin, the GM at Caldwell Dodge, where me and my family have been patrons since 1990.

Now I know where he learned it from!
1651603815980.png
This forum is for Ram, please contact our Chrysler customer care pages.

Rob
Ram Cares

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
@SaintlySins
We often rely on the knowledge of our dealer network in order to address technical concerns or questions. Many customer concerns need to be diagnosed by a dealer and cannot be diagnosed over virtual chat. We have a dedicated team on various social channels, which is why you may see different names on our responses. Our goal is to answer questions and provide assistance wherever possible. When an owner requests assistance, we collect appropriate information and assign a case manager to work in tandem with the dealer to resolve the concern. We are all part of Customer Care and work together to find the best resolution.

Rob
Ram Cares

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
I have never worked with Ramcares on social media, but I have had success in the past with my 1500 by getting them involved by calling them and working with the dealer for a resolution. Fortunately, the dealer was on my side for my issue but we needed to get through the red tape because a claim was denied by someone at corporate / warranty. It was a lengthy process, but in the end it worked out to my benefit.

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
@RamCares regarding the DS SABIC Inflator recall my Ram Toolbox app is still showing that this recall is incomplete (which is correct) however it is showing that parts are available whereas all dealers in my area are telling me parts are absolutely not available for this recall. Might not be a front burner issue but shouldn't take more than a few minutes of someone's time to go in and change the lingo on the app.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @JerryETX! Unfortunately, parts are not yet available for this recall. We've sent a note to the team in charge to let them know of this error in the app!

Sarah
Ram Cares

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Drag Link Safety Recall - Kit Authorization.. How do I get Ram Cares to authorize my dealer to install the recall kit? I do not want them to weld the nuts. I have loctite and torque-striped the nuts so I can see if they move. But I want to get it fixed and signed off once and for all. I've got a 2018 3500 CTD CCLB and purchased the extended warranty
Hi @dputnam01,
Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN. We'd be happy to assist with this!

Sarah
Ram Cares

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 492482
This forum is for Ram, please contact our Chrysler customer care pages.

Rob
Ram Cares
Your message states you're on the same team as ChryslerCares, and would be happy to look into it. Then you tell me to contact Chrysler.

If you're on the same team, then I should be able to be put into contact with a ChryslerCares rep from you, correct? Please provide me a POC and that's exactly how I will follow up.

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Your message states you're on the same team as ChryslerCares, and would be happy to look into it. Then you tell me to contact Chrysler.

If you're on the same team, then I should be able to be put into contact with a ChryslerCares rep from you, correct? Please provide me a POC and that's exactly how I will follow up.
We have not received your PM, so we recommend contacting a Chrysler expert using the Chrysler care pages such as Facebook or Twitter. If you would prefer to handle this matter via phone, you can certainly do so by calling 800-247-9753

Rob
Ram Cares

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The very second any organization starts referring to their other departments as " TEAMS " its complete scripted ********. They learn that garbage from some loudmouth idiot at a convention and then bring it back to their organization and try to impose it on current employees who can see its crap from the beginning. Yea the service manager who has to leave his smoke break, walk through the door still exhaling his smoke, carrying yesterdays lunch on his shirt, and timely cramming his phone in his back pocket so he can look at you with that yes i care but i am sorry i cant help you look.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have not received your PM, so we recommend contacting a Chrysler expert using the Chrysler care pages such as Facebook or Twitter. If you would prefer to handle this matter via phone, you can certainly do so by calling 800-247-9753

Rob
Ram Cares
Rob - please PM me your extension so I can call you directly.

Thanks!

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Rob - please PM me your extension so I can call you directly.

Thanks!
As our team is focused on the social media aspect of customer care, we're unfortunately not set up to provide assistance via phone. If you would prefer to handle this matter via phone you can certainly do so by calling 800-247-9753.

Rob
Ram Cares

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As our team is focused on the social media aspect of customer care, we're unfortunately not set up to provide assistance via phone. If you would prefer to handle this matter via phone you can certainly do so by calling 800-247-9753.

Rob
Ram Cares
Ah, the 'ol run-around.

Is paint that clearly has poor / improper adhesion covered, yes or no?

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
@SaintlySins
We often rely on the knowledge of our dealer network in order to address technical concerns or questions. Many customer concerns need to be diagnosed by a dealer and cannot be diagnosed over virtual chat. We have a dedicated team on various social channels, which is why you may see different names on our responses. Our goal is to answer questions and provide assistance wherever possible. When an owner requests assistance, we collect appropriate information and assign a case manager to work in tandem with the dealer to resolve the concern. We are all part of Customer Care and work together to find the best resolution.

Rob
Ram Cares
You state you rely on Dealer Network for technical concerns ... yet they refer us to you for most things regarding UConnect or other programing ... AND ... you and your "Team" tell us to contact directly, yet NO ONE GETS BACK TO US! !
The claim of a "Dedicated Team On Various Social Channels" has a "goal" to answer questions and provide assistance, "wherever possible" ... yet show me TWO CASES where "the Team" has engaged to answer questions, that provided a solution that the original person who posted was satisfied. Here's the math: 83% of all complaints are "answered with a response", yet they contain no answers or solutions and the OP posted again that they were given the run-around and went without a solution.
I've been assigned a Case Manager for 3 identical claims ... they take my info and NEVER get back to me ... because as I've been told time and time again ... we don't know what to do for this issue. After a little prodding, I got 2 of the 3 to admit my problem is common, yet they don't have an answer.

"Responding" is not "Remedy" unless it includes a solution.

There's a wonderful "Word Game" at @RamCares ... you say, "wherever possible" and "collect appropriate information" and "assign Case Managers who work in tandem with dealer" ... these are just clever "Word Smithing" as we never get the answers, remedies or solutions and this thread is proof that the "Customer Care" and @RamCares are 83% failures ... and that's JUST BASED ON THE FOLLOW UP POSTS ... how many mores just gave up knowing @RamCares and its "Customer Care" and "Case Managers" are awful.

Come on Rob ... I am not holding you personally accountable ... but this Scripted Rhetoric is as much a joke as the UConnect and entire Ram Cares team.

Rollertoaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi, wondering if you could help me with the drag link recall.
My dealer wants to weld the nuts to the adjuster, but I prefer to be able to adjust the steering wheel in the future. The outboard nut will not stay tight. Thanks in advance, Terry.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ramcares helped me get the drag link replaced on my 18 2500. Still took a while and I had to keep after it, but it got done. The key in my case was that the weld "recall" had already been done and it needed to be cut for an alignment. It can only be welded once.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I thought Ram came out with a new draglink?
I know when I had my '17 they welded it.
Then they did come out with a replacement draglink. rather than wait for Ram to give it to me, I just outright bought it. At first it was cheap, $125+/-. Then when apparently a lot of others started buying them, the price more than doubled.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They did come out with a new one. But they did not automatically replace the welded ones with it.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Well I guess I'm NOT going to buy a new Ram. Just tried to put one together on the website and I can't get it built the way I want it. I want a Laramie GT, but even though it'll cost me $70K, I can't get it in blue? Too many things I want can't be included without using. "package". Too many useless things in packages where I want one of the items.
I guess I'll keep driving my 2021 til the wheels fall off.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well I guess I'm NOT going to buy a new Ram. Just tried to put one together on the website and I can't get it built the way I want it. I want a Laramie GT, but even though it'll cost me $70K, I can't get it in blue? Too many things I want can't be included without using. "package". Too many useless things in packages where I want one of the items.
I guess I'll keep driving my 2021 til the wheels fall off.
Have you talked to a local dealer, some times a dealer can do more than what the online web site can do, then if they can get it built the way you want, then get a build sheet then go price shop it to get the lowest price from several of the bigger online dealers like Granger Motors in IA or whom ever you chose...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam