grille lights wiring but no DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylanprobert293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hello i just bought a grille with 3 amber lights in it for my 2009 ram 1500, i live in canada but oddly enough my truck does not have running lights, i would like to have my amber lights on whenever the truck is on, not just when the headlights are on, what should i wire them into?

OP
OP
D

dylanprobert293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hello i just bought a grille with 3 amber lights in it for my 2009 ram 1500, i live in canada but oddly enough my truck does not have running lights, i would like to have my amber lights on whenever the truck is on, not just when the headlights are on, what should i wire them into? also i have the dual headlights where there is one bulb for high beam and low beam

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can use AlfaObd to set DRL and then use that to wire your lights

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Use fuse F66, it's the same fuse that Alpharex headlights recommends to use for their DRL module.

You can use AlfaObd to set DRL and then use that to wire your lights
He would most likely need to add the wiring that goes to the BCM and then it would function like a DRL which means it will be off unless the vehicle is in gear. OP wants them on with the truck being on.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
hello i just bought a grille with 3 amber lights in it for my 2009 ram 1500, i live in canada but oddly enough my truck does not have running lights, i would like to have my amber lights on whenever the truck is on, not just when the headlights are on, what should i wire them into?
Is your truck from the States or an ex-police vehicle,as that'd be the only way it wouldn't have DRLs in Canada. Have someone start the truck and put it gear while you watch the front of it,to make sure you don't have DRLs. If you don't want to mess with switches etc,wire a relay into a fuse that's only hot when the key is on and the truck is running.