Grinding down a drop spindle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ran 69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys I have 2017 rcsb r/t that I want to do a 2/4 drop on using Mcgaughy deluxe kit. But I know that the spindle pushes rim out about 3/8" or so. So I was wondering if anyone has taken the spindles to a machine shop and had they milled down to get the rim back under the fender?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey guys I have 2017 rcsb r/t that I want to do a 2/4 drop on using Mcgaughy deluxe kit. But I know that the spindle pushes rim out about 3/8" or so. So I was wondering if anyone has taken the spindles to a machine shop and had they milled down to get the rim back under the fender?

Yup,had .650" or just a smidge over 5/8" taken off each side. With stock 20" rims I do rub on the swaybar slightly at full turn lock.You also need to narrow up the caliper mount an according amount to re-center the caliper on the rotor.

OP
OP
R

Ran 69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did not think of the caliper. your right about that. thank you Did you do front (Hellwig) swaybar and ford 150 endlinks?
Factory shocks or aftermarket?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I did not think of the caliper. your right about that. thank you Did you do front (Hellwig) swaybar and ford 150 endlinks?
Factory shocks or aftermarket?

4X4 so no aftermarket swaybar,only 2 X4's have the Hellwig front bars available for them.Us 4X4's guys are SOL on front swaybars,lol. You don't need shorter endlinks with drop spindles,the swaybar mount doesn't move in relation to the lower control arm.The wheel moves up in relation to the lower mount,because the axle centerline is moved up 2",but the rest of the steering system stays in virtually the stock OEM location. You only need the shorter links if you've done a spring drop along with a spindle drop.